Search the forum,

Discuss Thoughts on quote of boiler replacement in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi guys, been quoted 1550 for direct replacement of baxi combi 105he with a baxi 830, I know the engineers.. So paying roughly 500 for Labour. What do you think? Plus this is with thermostat fitting etc. I thought about 1300/1400.

Tbh I would say that’s cheap but if you know the engy he might be helping you out

roughly the kit comes too around £11-1200 so around 300 labour

does that include a flush ?

Sounds cheap too me by the time you allow for pipe, fittings and all the consumables needed for a boiler swap
Does the gas need upgrading?
Will the system be flushed?
Lime fighter & shock arrestor needed?
Boiler plus controls?

Its all great trying to get the cheapest price but if its not fitted properly the warranty will be worthless

Tbh I would say that’s cheap but if you know the engy he might be helping you out

roughly the kit comes too around £11-1200 so around 300 labour

does that include a flush ?

Thanks Shaun, not sure if it does include a flush. I do the know engineers from work. He did say that they would usually charge 900 to fit.
[automerge]1581170440[/automerge]
Sounds cheap too me by the time you allow for pipe, fittings and all the consumables needed for a boiler swap
Does the gas need upgrading?
Will the system be flushed?
Lime fighter & shock arrestor needed?
Boiler plus controls?

Its all great trying to get the cheapest price but if its not fitted properly the warranty will be worthless

Thanks Scott, includes pipework, not sure about the other points you have mentioned. These are corghi registered engineers who carry out these works often.
[automerge]1581170470[/automerge]
Thanks Shaun, not sure if it does include a flush. I do the know engineers from work. He did say that they would usually charge 900 to fit.
[automerge]1581170440[/automerge]

Thanks Scott, includes pipework, not sure about the other points you have mentioned. These are corghi registered engineers who carry out these works often.
Gas Safe registered etc

That’s a good price, take it!!
Thanks stu, put my mind at rest, it was either getting it repaired PCB blown, leak from diverter valve etc or replaced, apart of me thought repair because cheaper but it's 15 years old. Thanks for your advice

There is no way anybody can do this for 1300/1400. The 1550 that you have been quoted is a bargain providing everything is done correctly so I would advise you to take that I doubt you will find anyone else to do it for that price

Too cheap, cutting corners somewhere.

Tail light warranty.

So how long should it take to replace a boiler? Like I said
There is no way anybody can do this for 1300/1400. The 1550 that you have been quoted is a bargain providing everything is done correctly so I would advise you to take that I doubt you will find anyone else to do it for that price

Thanks J, I do know them so they are doing it cheaper for me, he did actually say it would usually be about 1900/ 2000. Thought I'd check just in case with you guys that know. Thanks again.

Snap his hand off at that price mate. Especially if he is a good engineer and you trust him. I couldn’t do it for that price if I tried.

Snap his hand off at that price mate. Especially if he is a good engineer and you trust him. I couldn’t do it for that price if I tried.
Thanks Harvest, I do know them well and worked with them for a long time. I just wasn't sure how much labour costs for fitting them.

Its a 2 day job for me.
Or one day for 2 people providing the gas and condensate doesn’t need major work.

i do hope he isnt on here because if it was me i would be extremely affronted by this. might just be me so aplohies if offended

i do hope he isnt on here because if it was me i would be extremely affronted by this. might just be me so aplohies if offended

Sorry it's only advice before committing to spending quite a lot of money, I do fully trust them but just wondered that's all.

Hi guys, been quoted 1550 for direct replacement of baxi combi 105he with a baxi 830, I know the engineers.. So paying roughly 500 for Labour. What do you think? Plus this is with thermostat fitting etc. I thought about 1300/1400.
Say yes directly, pay him promptly with a cash bonus great price ..centralheatking

They do work in the daytime yes, one is self employed

I meant evenings sorry, yea both work, one is self employed

You’ll need to check they can register the boiler with gas safe and have their own company number

For me it’s too cheap to be genuine.
It’s £1200 for boiler, flue, lime fighter, shock arrestor, chemicals and cheap controller.

leaves £350 for 2 men, 2 visits and a few hours of admin.
Also pipe, fittings, clips, flux, solder, screws, plugs, sand and cement. All assuming gas and condense are already adequate.

Then someone has to collect boiler, clear waste and hope don’t get a call back.

have you had a formal written quotation ?

You will require a new flue you can’t use anything from the old baxi

also does the company allow them to carry out there own work after hours eg competition as most don’t also they will state there not qualified out of company time etc

You will require a new flue you can’t use anything from the old baxi

also does the company allow them to carry out there own work after hours eg competition as most don’t also they will state there not qualified out of company time etc
Shaun, the other person has his own company.

Reply to Thoughts on quote of boiler replacement in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock