Search the forum,

Discuss Thomas Crapper toilet replacement in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi All
After some advice on a Thomas crapper toilet replacement that my customer has managed to smash.
I quoted them for a like for like but they don’t like the price of the new pan (approx 400/500£. They are asking if we can put a standard pan and keep the flush pipe and cistern.
Let me know if anyone has done this or thinks it may or may not work. I am going to look at it tomorrow but have been sent pictures.
Thanks.

558F42BD-AF09-4AFF-B7F7-F04F0B0A1F40.jpeg

A24B01BB-9FE7-4272-842F-F34BF55A78AD.jpeg

View attachment 37343

You could probably get it to work but I would explain to them that it’s not designed to be used with a pan other than that from TC.

Looks like a Venerable?
Cast iron radiators and Architectural Antiques for your home

Can't see why a normal pan won't fit / work
And I'd say for the price they are, the quality is crap if they break as per picture.

I've stood on hundreds of pans in Commercial buildings to lift off concealed panels and never broken one.
In fact the only pan I broke in 25years was when I pushed a rod through the bottom of the FULL pan whilst plunging it.

I've stood on hundreds of pans in Commercial buildings to lift off concealed panels and never broken one.
In fact the only pan I broke in 25years was when I pushed a rod through the bottom of the FULL pan whilst plunging it.

I will admit to doing that myself but by jove be careful doing this as a falling through a toilet as it breaks can cause some savage injuries.

I will admit to doing that myself but by jove be careful doing this as a falling through a toilet as it breaks can cause some savage injuries.

I'm retired now, so no problem.
But when they fit back panels right up to the ceiling that have to lift off from the top down, there's not a lot of choice.
You can't get step ladders anywhere near.

Reply to Thomas Crapper toilet replacement in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock