• Welcome to PlumbersForums.net - The international plumbing advice forum. Professional plumbers sharing advice with fellow plumbers and DIY alike. Register for free today!

Discuss This 2025 ban on gas boilers in new builds... in the Gas Safe Registered Plumbers Only area at PlumbersForums.net

Mattjam567

Reaction score
Sorry if this has already been covered but how badly do you guys (and gals) think this will affect the gas industry in terms of work, wages etc? Some of my mates aren't overly worried, some are. 50/50 split I would say.

firemant

Plumber
GSR
Reaction score
Sorry if this has already been covered but how badly do you guys (and gals) think this will affect the gas industry in terms of work, wages etc? Some of my mates aren't overly worried, some are. 50/50 split I would say.
Will not affect me one little bit.

But then, I have just turned 59..... :)

gmartine

GSR
Reaction score
Depends on how much new build work you plan on doing in the future, there are if it's true 25 million homes in the UK the majority of which have gas CH (95%) which will still require servicing, repair and and eventual replacement.

Riley

S. Mod
Plumber
GSR
Reaction score
They threatened this about 10 years ago and it came to nothing

Allgoode

GSR
Reaction score
Typical government,

Heads up there arses with no real investigation into utilising the supply network with alt or mixed fuel.

Maybe we should all go green and have solar pv/thermal panels & electric heating. Oooopssssss..

They buggered that one up with feed in tariffs and no real concept on how to implement correctly, aka fields & fields full of solar down here in Cornwall with the farmer sorted, Kerr-ching...

SimonG

Plumber
Esteemed Member
Reaction score
I think we are 12 months past the first date this was supposed to happen. Don't hold your breath or give it a second thought.

Last Plumber

Plumber
GSR
Reaction score
More nonsense!
I dare say 'they'll' aim at it, 'they' aim at a lot of nonsense.

SJB060685

Reaction score
I know what I’m about to say is not about gas but from an article I read some time ago the government is suggesting oil fired appliances will be rolled out by a certain time as well, some countries in Europe have already banned the use of their grade of heating oil. I can understand the reasoning behind it but what you have to remember is if the government tries to enforce this then there will be a large % of households nationwide that have no primary heat source, it would cost the government billions if not more nationwide to get each dwelling complying, especially when you take into the fact that the majority of house owners could not afford to change over systems. They use what they do because it’s the only option of fuel. I don’t think this is much to worry about right now.

townfanjon

Plumber
GSR
Reaction score
A question , what comes first , no boilers after 2025 or getting out of Europe ?

Government haven’t got a fecing clue what goes on in the real world

townfanjon

Plumber
GSR
Reaction score
Even if the gas work starts to dry up , but it wont .
There’s thousands of houses to be built in the next few years , tradesmen will be needed in other trades.

My local council ( kirklees ) plans to build 31,000 new houses , no doubt other councils will follow .

Forum Sponsors

Corgi - Plumbing Supplies for Professional Plumbers - Plumb Advice

Plumbase - Plumbing Parts for Plumbers - Plumbers Advice

Power Shower Booster for Power Showers - Plumbing Advice

Underflor Heating Systems by uHeat - Plumbing Advice

Wetroom Supplies by Wetroom Store

Nicobond - Wetroom and Tiling Supplies - Plumbers Installation Advice

Corgi - Plumbing Supplies for Professional Plumbers - Advice for Plumbers

Do you have a DAB radio for work?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.