Search the forum,

Discuss Third Generation Nest Heat Link installation to a Vaillant Ecotec Pro 30 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
[FONT=&amp]All,[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]I know there are a lot of threads on this forum, on a number of other forums and also videos on YouTube but I have found little information on this specific install and the information I have found has been confusing and sometimes contradictory.[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]I have just had a Vaillant Ecotec Pro 30 installed a couple of days ago and have only now just received our third generation NEST.[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]I have read the instruction manual and researched for a good few hours now on the net to find out how to connect the HeatLink to the boiler.[/FONT][FONT=&amp]

[/FONT]
NEST.jpg[FONT=&amp]

[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]I have read Vaillant and NEST threads that say follow the 230V Combi boiler page above and also read threads that say follow the Dry Contact page (otherwise you'll fry your boiler PCB).[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]Hence I am confused![/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]There seems to be more posts suggesting the following connections (230V Combi page):[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]Boiler 3 (Live) to Heatlink L and 2 (Loop wire from L to 2)[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]Boiler 4 to Heatlink 3[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]Boiler 5 (Neutral) to Heatlink N[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]Could someone who has fitted a HeatLink to this boiler or an equivalent Vaillant offer up some further guidance? [/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]Many thanks in advance![/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]Daz[/FONT][FONT=&amp]

[/FONT]

Sorry to say as it requires removal of the case you need a gas safe engy I'm sorry to say

[FONT=&amp]All,[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]I know there are a lot of threads on this forum, on a number of other forums and also videos on YouTube but I have found little information on this specific install and the information I have found has been confusing and sometimes contradictory.[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]I have just had a Vaillant Ecotec Pro 30 installed a couple of days ago and have only now just received our third generation NEST.[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]I have read the instruction manual and researched for a good few hours now on the net to find out how to connect the HeatLink to the boiler.[/FONT][FONT=&amp]

[/FONT]
View attachment 28318[FONT=&amp]

[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]I have read Vaillant and NEST threads that say follow the 230V Combi boiler page above and also read threads that say follow the Dry Contact page (otherwise you'll fry your boiler PCB).[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]Hence I am confused![/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]There seems to be more posts suggesting the following connections (230V Combi page):[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]Boiler 3 (Live) to Heatlink L and 2 (Loop wire from L to 2)[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]Boiler 4 to Heatlink 3[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]Boiler 5 (Neutral) to Heatlink N[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]Could someone who has fitted a HeatLink to this boiler or an equivalent Vaillant offer up some further guidance? [/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]Many thanks in advance![/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]Daz[/FONT][FONT=&amp]

[/FONT]

yeah you need to be gsr to remove the case but its ok gsr can wire it without being with any electrical schemes.

Good luck

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Third Generation Nest Heat Link installation to a Vaillant Ecotec Pro 30 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Morning to any Australians lurking around! Register its free, then message me, I'll sort your account out for you. We will need a moderator from each main country too. I'll post this in the Australian forum now.
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock