• Welcome to PlumbersForums.net - The international plumbing advice forum. Professional plumbers sharing advice with fellow plumbers and DIY alike. Register for free today!

Discuss Thinking of having Electric combie boiler, should I run a separate electric shower? in the DIY Bathroom Remodelling Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Murdoch

Reaction score
FWIW I struggle to understand how the UK electrical networks will have any hope of coping with a plethora of electric cars, vans and trucks . then throw electric boilers into the mix and ... oops, lots of lights go out

OffshoreGas

Reaction score
FWIW I struggle to understand how the UK electrical networks will have any hope of coping with a plethora of electric cars, vans and trucks . then throw electric boilers into the mix and . oops, lots of lights go out
We’ve added a lot of generating capacity with the thousands of wind turbines we’ve put up and energy efficiency has gone a fair way to offset the population growth.

OP
P

purplemonkey23

Reaction score
Hi all, I saw my gas engineer yesterday and we talked it though. I had one sticking point which was the flue location, but I think we've found a solution.
Anyway I will be going with a gas solution. He also mentioned the likely move to hydrogen in the future.
Thanks for all your input.

Murdoch

Reaction score
We’ve added a lot of generating capacity with the thousands of wind turbines we’ve put up and energy efficiency has gone a fair way to offset the population growth.

I didn’t mention the population growth !
Post automatically merged:

If anyone is interested this is worth a look:

Last edited:

centralheatking

Reaction score
Hi all, I saw my gas engineer yesterday and we talked it though. I had one sticking point which was the flue location, but I think we've found a solution.
Anyway I will be going with a gas solution. He also mentioned the likely move to hydrogen in the future.
Thanks for all your input.
H2 enhanced Nat Gas is on test now. The general principle is renewable energy is unpredictable and not always available when needed. Turbines etc can be used when not required for immediate energy use to produce liquified H2 which can be stored...a bit like an environmentally friendly battery. Nat gas will be enhanced at a rel. low % producing more heat and a cleaner burn from existing appliances.
There are a number of schemes but my money is on Ineos Chlor with Peel Ports in the long run. centralheatking

Forum Sponsors

Corgi - Plumbing Supplies for Professional Plumbers - Plumb Advice

Plumbase - Plumbing Parts for Plumbers - Plumbers Advice

Power Shower Booster for Power Showers - Plumbing Advice

Underflor Heating Systems by uHeat - Plumbing Advice

Wetroom Supplies by Wetroom Store

Nicobond - Wetroom and Tiling Supplies - Plumbers Installation Advice

Corgi - Plumbing Supplies for Professional Plumbers - Advice for Plumbers

Do you have a DAB radio for work?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.