• Welcome to PlumbersForums.net - The international free plumbing advice forum. Professional plumbers sharing advice with fellow plumbers and DIY alike. Register for free today! - Checkout the Plumbing Advice forum and then our Plumbing Videos area which still needs populating.

Discuss Thermowatt thermostat in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

R

Rohan 1875

I have a thermowatt RTS-3 red immersion. I would like to replace the thermostat which is red can I replace it with a higher temperature thermostat.

gmartine

Esteemed
Gas Engineer
They don't go much higher (than 65 deg C) for good reason, your immersion and or thermostat could be on it's way out if the water isn't hot enough.

Basher

Firstly, have you measured the actual temperature of the water that you feel is not hot enough? You can obviously adjust the temp. on the thermostat dial and it should go up to 65 degrees, which is enough for most people!

The red stat you have gives max temp of 65 and the safety cutout operates at 75
Thermowatt also make a blue dial version which gives max temp of 75 and the safety cutout operates at 85.

As per gmartine's post above, I am concerned that rather than needing a higher temp stat, the reason your water is not hot enough is that there is a fault, either in the immersion element, or in the thermostat. I encourage you to measure the actual temperature!
65 degree water is surely dangerous enough!

Last edited:

Reply to Thermowatt thermostat in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net