Search the forum,

Discuss Thermoststic Shower - Hot Water Pipes Bang in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi folks I have a problem.
Our shower is a Triton thermoststic run from an Alpha combi boiler.
The pipes began making a noise when the hot water was turned on (any tap) and we realised if the shower thermostat was turned to coldest setting this resolved the noise.
But .... now the hot taps (any) are running warm unless the shower thermostat is turned up - then they run hot - but are noisy! ;)
Any suggestions?
(heating is fine)

First place I'd look would be the non-return valves in or for the shower. Could well be caused by cold overcoming the hot via a stuck / failed valve. If its a bar type mixer, turn off hot and cold, remove shower from wall to reveal non-return valves / filters in wall outlets / shower inlets.

Reply to Thermoststic Shower - Hot Water Pipes Bang in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Looking for any ideas to help. I've a Heatrae Sadia Hot Water tank, heated through Oil fired boiler (working fine). A week ago I reset the air gap as I was having dripping from the pressure relief valve. Since then I've lost a lot of pressure from the hot water feed to my shower. The rest of...
Replies
Views
I done a straight change from a thermostatic shower to a new mira atom shower,when I run the shower in an upstairs ensuite it runs hot for a few seconds then goes back luke warm,I have a combi boiler,any advice please??.
Replies
Views
Hoping someone can please help. I have an intermittent fault with my electric hot water. I have an older style electric hot water service that heats on controlled load over night. The large tank is in roof space of 60s built villa unit. Every few mornings, no hot water will come out of...
Replies
Views
The Water Board have just replaced the main water supply to our property. We have a ground floor combi boiler. The central heating system for the whole house is working as normal. Hot water is working as normal on the ground floor. However, there is no hot water to the first floor bathroom. This...
Replies
Views
PLUMBING ADVICE NEEDED Combi boiler in our house, downstairs water seems to be piping hot. Upstairs basin, bath and shower only ever seems to be lukewarm - so much so that no one even wants to bath as it never gets hot enough! Open to suggestions as to what it might be and if anyone can...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock