Search the forum,

Discuss Thermostatic Shower mixer bar in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

D

Deleted member 102951

Hi all...
Want to fit a thermostatic shower mixer bar with bottom 1/2" fitting. However hot n cold have been fitted wrong way round. Is there a simple solution?
I was thinking to get one with a top 1/2"fitting and turn it round. Would this work?
Thanks legepe

Hi all...
Want to fit a thermostatic shower mixer bar with bottom 1/2" fitting. However hot n cold have been fitted wrong way round. Is there a simple solution?
I was thinking to get one with a top 1/2"fitting and turn it round. Would this work?
Thanks legepe
I am assuming the 1/2 inch fitting you refer to is where the shower hose screws on.
There are two fittings which connect to 15mm pipe at the back which are a standard distance apart (150mm)
If you turn the bar mixer so its upside down it may look a bit odd but it should work.

I am assuming the 1/2 inch fitting you refer to is where the shower hose screws on.
There are two fittings which connect to 15mm pipe at the back which are a standard distance apart (150mm)
If you turn the bar mixer so its upside down it may look a bit odd but it should work.
Thanks for reply.. I managed to find the inlet pipes in the loft so I guess it's just a matter of swapping them over. I can see why the plumber has fitted them wrong because one has been cut short n needs extending to swap over

Plumber should have sorted it and not left it like that. Or done your solution. Pfft. Always check everything before you pay.

Reply to Thermostatic Shower mixer bar in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock