Plumbase - Plumbers Forum Sponsor
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Discuss Thermostatic Shower mixer bar in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

CorgiDirect - Discounted Corgi Related Documentation and Plumbing Supplies
Hi all...
Want to fit a thermostatic shower mixer bar with bottom 1/2" fitting. However hot n cold have been fitted wrong way round. Is there a simple solution?
I was thinking to get one with a top 1/2"fitting and turn it round. Would this work?
Thanks legepe

Alan Wright

Official Sponsor
Hi all...
Want to fit a thermostatic shower mixer bar with bottom 1/2" fitting. However hot n cold have been fitted wrong way round. Is there a simple solution?
I was thinking to get one with a top 1/2"fitting and turn it round. Would this work?
Thanks legepe
I am assuming the 1/2 inch fitting you refer to is where the shower hose screws on.
There are two fittings which connect to 15mm pipe at the back which are a standard distance apart (150mm)
If you turn the bar mixer so its upside down it may look a bit odd but it should work.

I am assuming the 1/2 inch fitting you refer to is where the shower hose screws on.
There are two fittings which connect to 15mm pipe at the back which are a standard distance apart (150mm)
If you turn the bar mixer so its upside down it may look a bit odd but it should work.
Thanks for reply.. I managed to find the inlet pipes in the loft so I guess it's just a matter of swapping them over. I can see why the plumber has fitted them wrong because one has been cut short n needs extending to swap over

DuncanM

Gas Engineer
Plumber should have sorted it and not left it like that. Or done your solution. Pfft. Always check everything before you pay.

Reply to Thermostatic Shower mixer bar in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net. Plumbing questions, answers, tips and tricks.

Plumbase - Special Offers and Perks on Plumbing Deals
Bulk Workwear - Workwear Sponsor for Plumbers Forums
Plumbing Advice - Find Plumbers Jobs
uHeat Forum Sponsor - PlumbersForums.net
Power Shower Booster - Official PlumbersForums.net Sponsor
Plumbase - PlumbersForums.net Sponsor
Test4Less PlumbersForums.net Sponsor
Wetroom Store - PlumbersForums.net Sponsor
Corgi Direct - Plumbers Forums Sponsor