Search the forum,

Discuss Thermostatic Shower cold in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi,

Recently noticed an issue with thermostatic shower that was determined to get sorted. The shower would drop (which got worse) and would not maintain temperature,due to water quality here and visible limescale in cartridges,decide to just replace entire shower for a nice new one.

This solved issue of leaking shower head,no more leaks,but the issue of the heat doesn't seem to be resolved.

I found that the shower will stay at right temperature,if you leave bath or sink tap on hot,but if you turn them off, the shower will run cold.

This led me to think it would be the water flow, so I got a measuring jug, turned shower to hottest setting and waited for 30 seconds to see how much was collected,and it equated to about 7.2l per minute from the shower head,similar from the main taps too.

That then lede to think could it be the flow sensor of the boiler and has that clogged with limescale because of water,but no idea where that would be on boiler haha

Boiler is an Ariston e-combi, not sure exactly how old, but everything is leading me to suspect that would be the issue but I could be completely wrong.

If anyone has any other help or suggestions would be massively appreciated đź‘Ť

Cheers

Marco

Does the boiler fire up when the shower is being run? Could be a few things. Do you get hot water everywhere else?
That's the weird thing,boiler doesn't fire when showers run,but fires when the taps on and when you leave tap on shower temperature is fine. When you turn tap off, boiler stops and shower goes cold.

Everywhere in house gets hot water, that's only shower though so not got another to compare it with

That's the weird thing,boiler doesn't fire when showers run,but fires when the taps on and when you leave tap on shower temperature is fine. When you turn tap off, boiler stops and shower goes cold.

Everywhere in house gets hot water, that's only shower though so not got another to compare it with
Isolate the cold feed under the boiler and either run a hot tap, eg bath or run the shower on hot, if you get water out that’s possibly your issue.

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Thermostatic Shower cold in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We have a pumped shower with a thermostatically controlled mixer valve. My wife complains that when she is having a long shower (hair wash etc) the shower runs at the right temperature for much of the time but suddenly changes to run cold, usually during the hair rinse time, for no apparent...
Replies
Views
We have a gravity fed hot water system in our the house we have just recently moved into. It works fine with the downstairs shower, however we are about to upgrade the upstairs bathroom and are considering installing a shower bath. My concern is that although there is more than sufficient...
Replies
Views
M
I have a viessman vitodens 222F combi storage boiler on the ground floor. It has 100l capacity inbuilt cylinder which is delivered on mains pressure. I bought it hoping I could have two showers across floors running with hot water even if it’s a short while, while avoiding an unvented...
Replies
Views
Max Hill
M
Hoping someone can please help. I have an intermittent fault with my electric hot water. I have an older style electric hot water service that heats on controlled load over night. The large tank is in roof space of 60s built villa unit. Every few mornings, no hot water will come out of...
Replies
Views
Looking for any ideas to help. I've a Heatrae Sadia Hot Water tank, heated through Oil fired boiler (working fine). A week ago I reset the air gap as I was having dripping from the pressure relief valve. Since then I've lost a lot of pressure from the hot water feed to my shower. The rest of...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock