Search the forum,

Discuss Thermostatic Rad Valves, odd size Tails in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi first post herešŸ˜€
I want to replace a couple of rad valves with TRVs but as you can see from the pic, the existing tails are bigger than it usual. All the valves I can find have 1/2ā€ bsp Threads both sides, but I either need TRVs with one side to match the tails, or a reduced for the rad.
Any advice please?

Attachments

• 911D481D-FEEA-41DA-8AE3-F3A7F2F86EEF.jpeg
    911D481D-FEEA-41DA-8AE3-F3A7F2F86EEF.jpeg
    110.5 KB · Views: 6
Best not to install a trv on a towel rad as any towels on the rad normally cover it

You wonā€™t get a trv with a 3/4 nut one end

Ok thanks!

Towel rail very tall so I donā€™t think Iā€™m going to hang towels that low, but point taken.

Regarding the towel rail being the bypass, at the moment the towel rail gets so hot that the valve is normally screwed down tight, the other rads work Ok and if itā€™s a hot day I expect all the other rads with TRVs to be shut anyway. Is that a fair assumption, otherwise what is supposed to happen if all rad valves on a system are shut?

Last edited:

Reply to Thermostatic Rad Valves, odd size Tails in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I Think I want a Thermostatic shower valve. Can these be added/installed to an existing shower?
Replies
Views
I'm in Canada, where the standard is NPT. I just put in a heat pump and shut off the hand valves but I want the rads in the room to warm up if the heat pump can't keep up. NPT thermostatic rad valves are available but are hellish expensive. The sizes I have are 3/4" and 1". The system used to be...
Replies
Views
Hi, I need to remove some radiators for redecorating and went to try and shut off the valves either side of my rad. I have TRV on one side and on the other side I noticed a blank top with no valve or peg sticking out that allows you to turn on or off (see pictures). I checked the other rads in...
Replies
Views
A
Hi, I am trying to fit a replacement tap to a mini-sink that's built in to the top of a toilet. The original tap isn't made any more by the manufacturers - the nearest equivalent is apparently this one: GoodHome Lazu 1 lever Mini Contemporary Basin Mono mixer Tap | DIY at B&Q -...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have just had my central heating system "upgraded" for a four bed-roomed detached house. The heating company recommended going from the open vented system to sealed / pressurized system, new pump ( UPS3 Grundfos ) all new plastic pipework ( extending ) the 22mm feed and return pipes so no...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock