Search the forum,

Discuss Thermostatic Rad Valves not working correctly in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi we have recently had a new Ideal Logic+ boiler installed the plumber has put thermostatic radiator valves in all of the rooms apart from where the thermostat is. The system is fed by micro-bore downstairs and half inch upstairs. The rooms with 2 radiators is where the problem is one radiator is nearly to hot to touch while the other is barley warm I have tried turning the rads down to about three but I can only seem to get one working properly. I have tried turning the hot one off but the other still does not seem to be heating up properly, the rads the single radiator rooms seem to be working fine. I have bled the rads so no airlock anyone have any advice please.

Hi we have recently had a new Ideal Logic+ boiler installed the plumber has put thermostatic radiator valves in all of the rooms apart from where the thermostat is. The system is fed by micro-bore downstairs and half inch upstairs. The rooms with 2 radiators is where the problem is one radiator is nearly to hot to touch while the other is barley warm I have tried turning the rads down to about three but I can only seem to get one working properly. I have tried turning the hot one off but the other still does not seem to be heating up properly, the rads the single radiator rooms seem to be working fine. I have bled the rads so no airlock anyone have any advice please.

Have you contacted said engineer to give a chance to put right?

Did it ever work?
Take the trv head off and check the lock shield is open.
Try closing all other rads.

After he fitted new boiler he replaced all the old valves with trv and the system was fine we have turned a few radiators of in rooms we are not using other than that nothing has changed

Most likely the trv pin is stuck. Take the trv head off and try pushing the pin down. It should move with a little resistance but then spring back up. If it doesn't give the valve body a few gentle taps with a hammer. Did he flush your system when installing the boiler?

Reply to Thermostatic Rad Valves not working correctly in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock