Search the forum,

Discuss thermostatic power switch controlled from temperature of hot water pipe in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

tayloa17

hiya,

Is there such a thing as a thermostatic power switch controlled from the temperature of water inside a pipe? If so what is this called, and who if any produces this?

Context is i'm exploring the idea of a hot water supply system which consists of two parts:

1. main supply: unvented hot water cylinder
2. back-up supply: instantaneous electric heater

For this to work, the two systems would operate in series, with the "hot" output from the main supply feeding the cold input of the backup supply. For safety, the latter backup supply would be controlled with a switch (fail-safe OFF) which would be activated (ON) only if the input temperature drops below (say) 20 degrees, ie if the main supply has run out or is switched off.

Any info or suggestions welcome.

Thanks!

Pipe thermostat.

No comment on the idea tho.

Last edited:
So you want to get a unit that has a flow rate in excess of 30 l/min and throttle it down through an instantaneous electric water heater to 5 or 6 litres a minute. Great idea you should patent it.

I love the internet, only a couple of minutes to scope out mad-cap ideas :)

Thanks for your feedback so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to thermostatic power switch controlled from temperature of hot water pipe in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock