Search the forum,

Discuss Thermostatic bath shower mixer fitting with taps reversed in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi,

I have finally decided to swap out the stand alone taps in my bath for a mixer. I have previously been using a Croydex push-fit shower but think it's finally time to upgrade to a proper fitted one.

I have been looking at a deck-mounted thermostatic bath/shower mixer like this Vellamo Echo Thermostatic Bath Shower Mixer with Legs - https://www.tapwarehouse.com/p/TDY-THERM?gclid=CjwKCAjwqML6BRAHEiwAdquMnaOaODa6qjOfxteP9sPQ-I2s4WglBY5TnkBjCx3tog5UnsdJdhWxehoCXwoQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds however am unsure this will work in my flat.

All of the taps in the flat are the 'wrong way' round (it's an old property) i.e cold on left, hot on right. The flat does have a combi boiler and central heating however.

I removed the bath panel earlier and the taps are just fitted straight to the metal pipes with no flexible hoses etc.

The advert for the mixer taps doesn't mention about whether it requires hot/cold to be left/right but I don't want to risk buying it, fitting it and then discovering it doesn't function as it should (for example, increasing the temperature on the unit turns the temperature down etc). Does anyone have any advice? Will this work without having to make much (if any) alterations, or am I better off just buying a standard non-thermostatic bath/shower mixer that allows hot to be on the right side?

Thanks!

It will almost certainly require hot on the left.
As you have high pressure system I would cut the hot/ cold pipes down and using flexible tap connectors cross the supplies over so that they are correct.

Thanks for your response, I was thinking of this as an option... it's a rented HA flat so didn't want to spend too much time/money (I am allowed to make alterations etc under the tenancy). Will have a look at how difficult this would be vs a standard one.

Cheers

Reply to Thermostatic bath shower mixer fitting with taps reversed in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Looking for any ideas to help. I've a Heatrae Sadia Hot Water tank, heated through Oil fired boiler (working fine). A week ago I reset the air gap as I was having dripping from the pressure relief valve. Since then I've lost a lot of pressure from the hot water feed to my shower. The rest of...
Replies
Views
I live in an apartment block where generally hot water is supplied from the communal hot water cylinder and cold water to bathrooms is supplied from cold water tanks in the loft. It is a vented system. However, in a basement flat and a ground floor flat cold water supply to bathrooms is...
Replies
Views
I will be taking out my bath and putting a shower tray in. Under the bath there is a thermostatic mixer valve, I can't see ATM but pretty sure it's going to the bath taps, it is about 6 to 8 inches out of the floor boards so will be in the way, is it ok to cut it to floor board level'ish and...
Replies
Views
hello all, happy new year! i hope i have posted this in the right section i have a shower bar mixer. the shower runs luke warm. a quick google search showed some ideas on how to adjust it. i tried adjusting it and it didn't change the temp. when i adjusted it the other way to test the cold...
Replies
Views
I have a slow leak in the bath. Its a mixer type set up. I'm unfamiliar with the tap handles and how to access the cartridges etc. If I can work out the product name/brand/type then I can work out how to remove the tap handles (no obvious indices so presuming they pull off some how). Would...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock