Search the forum,

Discuss Thermostat setting in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi

How can I set me water tank thermostat correctly so it is using the cheapest tariff of electric . I have attached a picture ... thanks
BC1549DC-73AE-4038-A275-29F41BA996CA.jpeg

Hi

How can I set me water tank thermostat correctly so it is using the cheapest tariff of electric . I have attached a picture . thanks View attachment 40153
See page 26 of the instructions:

The little white sliders (tappets) round the outside of the clock dial need to be pushed inwards around the dial (off)for the daytime hours, leaving them in the outward position (on) only during your cheap rate period (whatever that is, say 12.00pm till 6.00am)

At the moment it seems to be on all the time.

See page 26 of the instructions:

The little white sliders (tappets) round the outside of the clock dial need to be pushed inwards around the dial (off)for the daytime hours, leaving them in the outward position (on) only during your cheap rate period (whatever that is, say 12.00pm till 6.00am)

At the moment it seems to be on all the time.
Thank you very much !! Problem solved

Yes agreed , most think its cheaper at night , especially when a programmer says “ off peak “ .
Couple of years back I had a quote from Scottish Power, and their prices were 12.363p day, 5.31p night. They based the quote on 55% of usage at night, when even if hourly use was same round the clock (unlikely) it would be less than 30%. Clearly a try-on to reel me in by getting the apparent cost down. I didn't buy.

I have just fitted this on a economy 7 system, set to 12.00am - 7.00am I would employ a engineer to check you have economy 7 and the immersion heater is connected to the off peak board , as this one was wired wrong. Kop

Attachments

• IMG_20190828_153830.jpg
    IMG_20190828_153830.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 9

Reply to Thermostat setting in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

B
Hi everyone, I have a Santon Premier Plus PP120E (unvented direct immersion heater) fitted with two thermostats, which provides hot water to taps and shower. The central heating runs from a separate system. On the PP120E: Bottom thermostat is set it to 4 out of 5 (approx. 60C), and connected...
Replies
Views
Bridog
B
Hi everyone, I’m writing on behalf of my elderly neighbour and hoping this is a problem someone on this forum has experience of and remedied. The boiler was not responding to the wireless thermostat. The various settings on the thermostat seemed fine and 3 heating times and temperatures were...
Replies
Views
Hi I'm having issues with my wireless Honeywell thermostat. It's sat in the living room, set at 18C currently. It makes my Worcester Greenstar 18Ri to short cycle. So, the moment it gets cold outside my boiler works for about a minute, then stops, and starts again in about 5 minutes, then...
Replies
Views
the majority of my radiators have thermostatic valves. Some of these work fine but some of them dont let you adjust the temp. ie. Setting one or setting 5 makes no difference - the radiator is blazing hot. For small bedrooms this is pain cos the room just heats up too much. we first...
Replies
Views
Hi I have a Honeywell ST699 programmer which is working fine but I want to learn how to decommission it (disconnect it from the rest of the system). Currently I have a Honeywell Home Single Zone Thermostat (Y87RF2024) and I am thinking to get the Honeywell Home Mobile Access Kit RFG100 to get...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock