Search the forum,

Discuss Thermostat positioning in a small flat/hallway in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A friend of mine has a small flat with a tiny hallway, he has a modern Worcester combi with a wireless thermostat and TRV's all round. When I visited recently I could hear the boiler cutting in and out fairly frequently without the living room really warming up. His hallway leads onto the buildings fairly cold hallway entrance via the front door I don't know if the rads have been balanced but what would be the best way of setting up the rooms TRV's and siting the thermostat? Thanks for any advice.

Trial and error I suggest.
Take the wireless stat and put it in the coolest area in the flat and see what happens.

Another consideration is that some of the rads may be undersized.

put the roomstat in the most used living space, remove the trv head and see how it works. In many case's the hall is not the best position.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Thermostat positioning in a small flat/hallway in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have a home with an oil boiler in a garage turned into a flat, heating both flat and main house, running c plan with two pumps, two motorised valves simple bi-metal thermostat on wall in flat with 4 standard TRV's rarely used so not worried about the flat, and main house has Nest Gen 3 in the...
Replies
Views
Hi, I just moved into a new house and it has a Glow Worm Compact 24c combi boiler and a ESI ESRTP4RF+ programmable room thermostat and I am wondering if it's worth turning on the optimum start and stop features? There is also something called TPI (chronoproportional control) but I'm not sure how...
Replies
Views
I have a Nest thermostat in my hallway which gets affected by the front door opening and closing. This thermo operates one zone (downstairs). I have one radiator the other side of the door to thermo. I have another in the study and two more in the lounge. None of the radiators have a TRV and...
Replies
Views
Evening everyone, I’ve got this lovely little bungalow that I’m struggling to get my head around the heating on. It’s a F and E system with 8 radiators, and I’m not really very clued up on central heating, or even plumbing in general, but the whole set up seems quite odd. The pipe into the main...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I have a Heatmiser UFH installation, 7-8 years old now. This week we noticed that a few of our heating zones were not warming up, even though the thermostat was showing the flame symbol. They were working fine last winter. I knew from when I looked at the installation in the past that...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock