Search the forum,

Discuss Thermostat on pipe to turn on ufh in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Can I use a pipe stat to switch on UFH Pump when it detects heat in system. The UFH is piped as an extra rad so when pipe gets hot ie house system is on And starts the pump . At present connected to a programmable stat which operates a single port valve and pump.
I’ve put the valve in straight through manual mode. I need to program the UFH to coincide with house system . This UFH is in an extension which is open to kitchen diner

So is all the programmable stat doing just activating the pump and two port and not bringing the boiler on?

Yes that’s correct , the boiler feeds upstairs and down so the programmer would need to have a downstairs 2 port shut off valve and The upstairs a 3 way port . Too complicated so plumbed off the upstairs but comes on when rest of heating comes on

To be honest whoever installed this clearly isn't too competent.
Perhaps your easiest option is just to time the UFH programmer at the same time as your heating programmer. Having said that if it was to be installed correctly you would have a suitable wiring centre bringing on the zones independently.

Perhaps your easiest option is just to time the UFH programmer at the same time as your heating programmer. Having said that if it was to be installed correctly you would have a suitable wiring centre bringing on the zones independently.
good answer , I had already stated the timer solution in first question, the central heating is existing and works perfectly well . The question was can I use a pipe thermostat to turn on the UFH pump, in a new extension. If you don’t know the answer to the question then please don’t reply and let a central heating engineer answer . Thanks

To answer your question yes a pipe stat can be used to bring on a pump when done properly but as i said the system should have been installed properly in the first place and I made no comment on the original system. Anyway I'll keep my mouth shut now as I'm clearly not an engineer, what do I know 🤔

he never asked is the system was installed properly did he, he asked if he could use a pipe stat to bring the heating on. If you can't answer the question don't bother typing anything

Wow, what is going on here. I answered the question as to whether or not a pipe stat could bring on a pump. I also pointed out that if the UFH system was installed properly from the beginning then there would be no need. As it stands it doesn't matter whether a pipe stat is used, whether its programmed to come on at the same time of heating, or valve left manually open, the UFH is still only going to come on when theres another demand, which is not how UFH is intended.

he never asked is the system was installed properly did he, he asked if he could use a pipe stat to bring the heating on. If you can't answer the question don't bother typing anything

Defensive much? One of your install?

Same thing for you, dont see your answer!!

An option was given to the op to assist.

Reply to Thermostat on pipe to turn on ufh in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock