Search the forum,

Discuss Thermostat not firing up boiler, Salus/Greenstar in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi! I'm wondering if anyone can help me get my radiators on :)

My Salus ST620WBC ran out of battery after ticking over nicely for years. Got it back on OK

.... but now the 'reciever' on the boiler (a Worchester Combi 30si) is not working. It was left with no signal for a day yesterday. I got home and switched it to ON while I was sorting out the transmitter, and nothing happened. No ignition light - it comes on for the hot water. Turned power off to boiler, did a reset, off-on. Nothing.

I ended up leaving the Salus ON overnight and it actually had the fast flashing red light again, but after many attempts to pair, tried the power down set to OFF power up set to ON routine and it only flashes the red led when coming on, then nothing for the ignition.

AUTO and pairing button for 3 secs also does nothing.

So... my thermostat control is sending signal. Only the receiver seems to be scrambled.

Right now I'm looking at the boiler casing and considering tearing it off to fiddle with the wires but really they should be fine.

Does anyone have any suggestions or any similar experiences?????

When you let batteries go flat in a salus thermostat you need to totally remove batteries for at least 30 minutes,.
This is to let capacitor discharge.
Replace batteries with a good quality alkaline type eg duracell
Cheep zinc carbon or rechargeable batteries will not do.
If that fails get whoever that normally services your boiler to it?

When you let batteries go flat in a salus thermostat you need to totally remove batteries for at least 30 minutes,.
This is to let capacitor discharge.
Replace batteries with a good quality alkaline type eg duracell
Cheep zinc carbon or rechargeable batteries will not do.
If that fails get whoever that normally services your boiler to it?
I've got Energizer Industrial LR06 Mignon1500 bad boys in there. The 30 mins thing did scupper me at first.

I've got Energizer Industrial LR06 Mignon1500 bad boys in there. The 30 mins thing did scupper me at first.

I'm just going to get a new one I think, unless my boilerer is happy to cut me a deal on an unplugging and replugging in test reboot effort or something.... MAy as well just get the bloody thin replaced, huh?

If I'm wrapping this up myself, I might add one important lesson I learned here for the benefit of anyone whom may read this note in the far off distant future where Salus and Greenstar rule the world - HOLDING SPANNER BUTTON FOR 10 SECS KICK STARTS THE RADIATORS!!!!!!!!!!!

Yea don’t hold the spanner as this isn’t for users to mess around with eg boiler parameters

Reply to Thermostat not firing up boiler, Salus/Greenstar in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock