Search the forum,

Discuss Thermostat comes on then immediately goes off in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

dan85

[FONT=&quot]Hi, I'm hoping someone can help. I'm in rented accommodation (house built 2 years ago) that has a combi boiler & underfloor heating in the kitchen and living room. Last winter it was working fine, but now the living room thermostat is playing up. When it is set to a high temp, the red light comes on as if to draw heat, but then shuts off - nothing happens with the boiler. The kitchen thermostat is working fine. What could be causing this?[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Here's a video of the thermostat :)[/FONT]

Could you have a faulty actuator on the manifold? When the room thermostat's call for heat, the UFH pump will start and the actuator(s) for the zone in question will open and let water into its circuit's. It takes 3 to 4 minutes until it is fully open. It is
important that the actuators are fitted tightly onto the return manifold and no loose wires and also check the fuses.

Last edited:
have you tried calling the manufactures ?

number : 01455 555930

also darren it might not be ufh it could be just normal rads off a manifold

The op says he has UFH in the living room and the living room thermostat is playing up.

didnt see that normally they use a prog room stat for ufh my bad

Need to get your multimeter out and work through the order of sequence of switching to see what's playing up. If the wiring centre has a PCB it could even be a dry/cracked solder joint.

Last edited:
The short video shows the green light comes on and stays on, so I would assume it is calling for heat. I am assuming that the flashing red light is the RF signal?? but am not familiar to this make so could be wrong. I would still check the actuator to the living room at the manifold.

The short video shows the green light comes on and stays on, so I would assume it is calling for heat. I am assuming that the flashing red light is the RF signal?? but am not familiar to this make so could be wrong. I would still check the actuator to the living room at the manifold.

The green light is power to the thermostat, the red light is the call for heat.

Hi dan85,

what was the ambient room temperature that time? Was it much less than 21 deg C?
Do you have a timer installed as well which controls the times of the UFH?

It's a Maincor branded thermostat but it's made by Heatmiser UK, model called DS-SB.

You can speak to them directly on 01254 669 090 (press No 2 for technical) and they should be able to tell you what's wrong.

Hope you will get this sorted.

All the best,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Thermostat comes on then immediately goes off in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock