Search the forum,

Discuss Thermostaic Valve Replacements in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Just ordering a new set of thermostaic taps and I was wondering is the cost of the thermostatic cartridges getting to the point where its cheaper to replace the whole unit than just the catridge itself?

You have to look at each case on its merits - cheapo tap/shower you’re almost certainly right.

Get some nice quality ( or at least expensive designer...) taps at close to a thousand pounds and the maths work differently.

Good quality brass built in shower, worth replacing internals as no retiling etc etc (I have out new £90 cartridge in a twenty year old hansgrohe shower and works like new with no reason to think it won’t last another twenty years) .

Also I’ve binned a £60 bar mixer after less than twelve months as it really shouldn’t have been allowed to exist and the original installer went awol.

Reply to Thermostaic Valve Replacements in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

the majority of my radiators have thermostatic valves. Some of these work fine but some of them dont let you adjust the temp. ie. Setting one or setting 5 makes no difference - the radiator is blazing hot. For small bedrooms this is pain cos the room just heats up too much. we first...
Replies
Views
Hi, My Blanco Kitchen Tap Model Swift BM1420 is leaking. Please see attached photos for details of where water leaks from. What I've done so far. I replaced the cartridge. Leak persisted. Bought some replacement seals and tried to put in place of the old ones. Here's what I did next. Remove...
Replies
Views
I've replaced the ceramic valves on my kitchen tap, but the new valves are freer turning than the old, and the levers move down from a partial open position under their own weight. I've not had this before - is it duff new valves?
Replies
Views
Hi there I have attached a video below, showing where my kitchen tap is leaking from, is this possible to repair by replacing the hose pipe or would I need to replace the whole tap? I had a plumber take a look who said the whole tap needed replacing. If it is just the hose supply do I...
Replies
Views
A
I'm replacing the shower cartridge on my Bristan 1901 Thermostatic Exposed Dual Control Shower (Top Outlet). I have removed the cap and screw but the temperature handle won't come off. Am I missing something or does it just need more force?
Replies
Views
AlexTTT
A
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock