Search the forum,

Discuss thermoelectric safety controls in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
E

ewoodblue

where would you do a mini tightness test when checking the safety controls on a gas fire

Do not know what a mini tightness test is ? A tightness test is a tightness test, if you mean testing safety controls and fittings burner side of appliance, I would use leak detection fluid /detector while appliance is on

imho

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you mean checking to see if the T/C is shutting the fire gas valve off? If so you do it on P1 if the fire has a P1/inlet pressure test point!

You'd be pushed to isolate the supply without loosing the inlet pressure though!!! Most fires are fitted with screw in, pillar tap, isolation which deems upstream of it presureless! I'd go with the full interior tightness test :)

mini tightness test refers to a tightness test between the gas appliances iso valve and gas valve. Its done to check that the gas valve has correctly shut off when the appliances safety device/fsd has shut the valve down. one test is to check the fsd clicks/operates but you also need to confirm the gas valve is tight when it locks out.

The trouble with gas fires is that many dont have a test nipple on the inlet side of the gas valve so its normal practice to test at the gas meter.

when you do a service and pass/yes the box about appliances safety device correct operation this is one of the tests needed to confirm its correct operation.

Surely a TT on the meter would suffice since if any FFD hadnt shut off,it would show? As a further check,an electronic gas detector could be used when the pilot light is lit ,to check all connections downstream of the FFD and also check the main injector ports for let by of the main FFD valve.

if you was servicing a boiler and did not need to do a tt on the whole installation you can do the mini tightness test at the boiler to confirm the gas valve is tight when the ffd operates. Doing this it at the meter is fine providing you already know the installation is tight beforehand. It all depends on the situation, the main thing is you do the test.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to thermoelectric safety controls in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Morning to any Australians lurking around! Register its free, then message me, I'll sort your account out for you. We will need a moderator from each main country too. I'll post this in the Australian forum now.
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock