Search the forum,

Discuss Thermecon Option Oil Boiler 140/190 Seals in the Oil and Solid Fuel Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi Folks

Does anyone have info on the seals for the inspection hatches in this boiler. It badly needs servicing and looks to have been sealed with fire cement in the past. Are these rope seals (and what size) or bespoke seals.

Wholesaler can't source them but loathed to open it up without being able to get it back in business.

Many thanks

Cant say for sure what it is or size but if the boiler is in desperate need of a service then please find an experienced oil engineer to help. He/she will be able to service the unit and replace what's needed, please do not "fiddle" yourself, any fuel burning device and products of combustion must be taken seriously. I suspect it will be a rope seal, of which can be sourced in various sizes. Once replaced I would also if i were you place some CO and CO2 detectors, that way if they were to fail you'd know, a FGA would also pick up on any leaking gases.

Reply to Thermecon Option Oil Boiler 140/190 Seals in the Oil and Solid Fuel Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock