Search the forum,

Discuss Thermal store - very low hot water pressure. Help/ideas in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Very low (trickle) hot water pressure at outlets. Albion mainsflow indirect cylinder. Help and ideas please!

I have had one similar issue. Had been heated by solar, coil scaled up inside. I disconnected mixing valve, added an elbow and a length of copper to the top section of the coil and kept pouring in a strong lime scale remover. It was so bad it took me several hours. I did plug the bottom for a while to give it chance to eat away the scale. The only other option new cylinder.
One question though did you try just adjusting the valve to only have cold through? if you have full flow cold through, there is your answer.

good luck.

Last edited:
I have had one similar issue. Had been heated by solar, coil scaled up inside. I disconnected mixing valve, added an elbow and a length of copper to the top section of the coil and kept pouring in a strong lime scale remover. It was so bad it took me several hours. I did plug the bottom for a while to give it chance to eat away the scale. The only other option new cylinder.
One question though did you try just adjusting the valve to only have cold through? if you have full flow cold through, there is your answer.

good luck.

Get someone who is g3 qualified out eg unvented they should know what there doing

Should have an inlet filter , blockage at or near blender ? Do you live in an area prone to scale ?

Reply to Thermal store - very low hot water pressure. Help/ideas in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock