Search the forum,

Discuss thermal solar but pressure gauge shows zero? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ted808

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Where has all the liquid gone? Opened a drain cock- a teaspoon full only! Pump is still running?!
Also noticed PRV connected to PRV from UVHWC into waste 1/1/2.. I'm sure this is not right.
How do I find out? Looked on many web sites but it's all bla bla orientation and specs. HELP :confused5:

PRV should be into a suitable container, environmental health wouldn't be to pleased on glycol going into the waste water.

Glycol also leaks easier than water. Could have gone down the drain or leaked out somewhere.

Maybe the drain off is knackered...

Used to take worcester solar prvs into a big container next to the station, but Worcester advised there glycol could go to the drain... I would prefer a container as it could then be re-used & I like to know if the prv has operated..

order some some solar flush & then re charge with solar glycol, I made a solar fill pump once too ;)

Cheers guys, I did turn pump off, then felt panicky as that if doc was ## and there still is glycol it will not circulate and ??? go down the drain if PRV activates! AH heady .. but yeah I think i will clean and test system before re-filling- hire solar pump?

First thing to do is a pressure test to find the source of the 'leaks' / gycol loss..

Typically this can easily be a 6-8 hour job to find leak, cleanse, flush, refill, repressurise, test etc... if you find the leak do you know the materials you are allowed to use and not use to fix it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to thermal solar but pressure gauge shows zero? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock