Discuss thermal solar but pressure gauge shows zero? in the Renewable Energy area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ted808

Plumber
Gas Engineer
Where has all the liquid gone? Opened a drain cock- a teaspoon full only! Pump is still running?!
Also noticed PRV connected to PRV from UVHWC into waste 1/1/2.. I'm sure this is not right.
How do I find out? Looked on many web sites but it's all bla bla orientation and specs. HELP :confused5:

Plumbase Christmastime
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Nostrum

Plumber
Gas Engineer
PRV should be into a suitable container, environmental health wouldn't be to pleased on glycol going into the waste water.

Glycol also leaks easier than water. Could have gone down the drain or leaked out somewhere.

gassafe

Plumber
Gas Engineer
Maybe the drain off is knackered...

Used to take worcester solar prvs into a big container next to the station, but Worcester advised there glycol could go to the drain... I would prefer a container as it could then be re-used & I like to know if the prv has operated..

order some some solar flush & then re charge with solar glycol, I made a solar fill pump once too ;)

OP
Ted808

Ted808

Plumber
Gas Engineer
Cheers guys, I did turn pump off, then felt panicky as that if doc was ## and there still is glycol it will not circulate and ??? go down the drain if PRV activates! AH heady .. but yeah I think i will clean and test system before re-filling- hire solar pump?

Worcester

Plumber
First thing to do is a pressure test to find the source of the 'leaks' / gycol loss..

Typically this can easily be a 6-8 hour job to find leak, cleanse, flush, refill, repressurise, test etc... if you find the leak do you know the materials you are allowed to use and not use to fix it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to thermal solar but pressure gauge shows zero? in the Renewable Energy area at PlumbersForums.net. Plumbing questions, answers, tips and tricks.

Bulk Workwear - Workmans Clothing and Protective Gear
Test4Less PlumbersForums.net Sponsor
Wetroom Store - PlumbersForums.net Sponsor
Plumbase - PlumbersForums.net Sponsor
Bulk Workwear - Workwear Sponsor for Plumbers Forums
Plumbing Advice - Find Plumbers Jobs
Corgi Direct - Plumbers Forums Sponsor
uHeat Forum Sponsor - PlumbersForums.net
Power Shower Booster - Official PlumbersForums.net Sponsor

Plumbase Perks - Special offers for forum members