Search the forum,

Discuss The Yorkshire thread in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Absolutely Soding myself over the Haka.

I have sent it to a couple of 'God's Own' plumbers I know over here.

But with the unknown humor of the Yorkshire men, I may end up with a good laugh tomorrow or a fat lip.

'How much,,,,how much.... That line will kill them tonight and me tomorrow.

DBEC994F-DEA2-4362-8BFD-3B4E2A0FB18F.jpeg

Five word chuffin rule , sake

I used to say are you lekkin?

Are you playing out?

I used to say are you lekkin?

Are you playing out?

Oh yes . My old plastering pal is always saying “ now then “ ( nowt to do with Jimmy Saville) but he say it more “ na-then “ very quickly . Lol

Test your Yorkshire, can you translate these commonly used Yorkshire words?

To blob -
Laik - play out
Bob into - go to shop/town
Bray - fight
Kalling -
A Gill -
Chump - stupid person
On'y - go away
Allus - all of us (maybe)
Myther - hassle

My Grandad was a proper Yorkshireman, bless him. I still say mash the tea or the tea is mashing, now Dan does too haha.

Just back from a day out and in the petrol station they had a Yorkshire tea machine like a Costa machine!

Pmsl!

I was trying to get dan to make my flag a yorkshire one but he refused - can't start banging on about the War of the Roses again!!

He hates it when I end up in a conversation about that with a randomer from lancashire

Pmsl!

I was trying to get dan to make my flag a yorkshire one but he refused - can't start banging on about the War of the Roses again!!

He hates it when I end up in a conversation about that with a randomer from lancashire
I am a fan of old Richard.

A few Guernsey words/phrases for you.

Pushang = Bicycle
Grockle = Foreigner (borrowed from the Cornish I think?)
Cor damme la, eh! = Flippin' heck!
Where you to? = Where are you going?
Cheerie = Goodbye
Cor hang! = Blimey!
Ah yeah is it? = I agree!
Bathers = Swimming costume
Douit = small stream
Budloe night = Bonfire night

I have never been to the Channel Islands. Have you always lived there?

(Sorry thread hijack)

Saw a good video this morning of Hitler's cronies failing to organise a trip to Yorkshire and him having to make do with Lancashire and him throwing a right strop.
Will try later to put it on here.

Saw a good video this morning of Hitler's cronies failing to organise a trip to Yorkshire and him having to make do with Lancashire and him throwing a right strop.
There is a spin off on that one about the villa. Well funny. Used to work in North Yorkshire along time ago. Lovely place

I've never heard paggered!

Yep its a good one , theres a another one featuring Golum of lord of the rings fame .
[automerge]1571161300[/automerge]
I will be honest I haven’t heard this one .
4E0A8CB4-0887-467F-A438-C1BCE376DA60.jpeg

Last edited:
I have never been to the Channel Islands. Have you always lived there?

(Sorry thread hijack)

Yes I was born on the island. Lived here all my life. Been fortunate enough to be able to travel a fair bit over the years but never lived anywhere else. I never really wanted to apart from as a teenager and the place felt too small.

Work is good, the people are good, easy to earn money here if you want it. If I forget to lock the house before leaving for work I wouldn't bother going back as it's safe enough. The bad side is living expenses, the house prices are insane (offset by plenty of good jobs available though), everybody knows your business, you get trapped here all the time by fog or the ferry breaks down and you can't get more than about 100 metres away from another person anywhere.

People don't rush around here which is nice.

Sounds lovely! I bet it is a nosy neighbour paradise!

Yorkshire is still the best I think!

Bonfire Night, and I want some Parkin - no one has heard of it round here..

My step mum used to make awesome Bonfire Toffee too..

Guy Fawkes was born in York - the cottage is a hotel now opposite the Minster, it is really quirky I loved it.

Guy Fawkes was born in York - the cottage is a hotel now opposite the Minster, it is really quirky I loved it.

Is that the guy fawkes pub? Grim and expensive in there.

Bonfire toffee, now theres a blast from the past.

Is that the guy fawkes pub? Grim and expensive in there.

Bonfire toffee, now theres a blast from the past.
Yeah I stayed there and it was really nice :) It is dark though in the pub as it is gas lit.

I would love some bonfire toffee right now lol

parking in York is awefull parkin and ridin is better chking

Went to Yorkshire today and got @Dan to try Parkin. He liked it yum yum yum. I've brought some home lol

Reply to The Yorkshire thread in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock