Search the forum,

Discuss the next boiler service in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi all

We had a boiler (Potterton Assure hot water and heating system with header tank) fitted two years ago and been serviced twice by Baxi since, to keep the warranty intact. On the last visit a different Baxi engineer turned and told us that he had washed out one of the components as they can clog up over time if not cleaned out. Thoughtfully he mentioned that it would be good to mention cleaning it to the next engineer who services it.

Might be my imagination but I have 'heat exchanger unit' in my mind.. might be well off here though. LOL

I have yet to look for a service engineer but would like to know what the Baxi engineer was referring to.

Many thanks

Do you have a system filter eg adey ?

don't know why but my reply has disappeared.

Sorry I don't know what filter system adey is.

all I know is he washed through some component from inside the boiler case.. Soory I can't add much to the discussion specifically.

How long was the engineer there ?

How long was the engineer there ?
Thanks Shaun

I'm guessing now but I'd say between 20 and 30 minutes? longer than the first engineer's visit.

I thought it was strange hearing running water from the kitchen area but don't know what he was actually doing; I don't like to hover around an engineer doing their job. I didn't like it when i was a Lift engineer.

He fitted a part to under warranty but don't know what that was either :(

Yep I would say the same condy trap needs to be cleaned on every service

This is a filter that also should be cleaned if you have one

1665132700823.jpeg

There is a condense trap that should be cleaned out on every service, along with a system filter that is external to boiler (if you have one). Sometimes burners and combustion Chambers (part of primary heat exchanger) will be cleaned, sometimes every service, sometimes every few years, sometimes never.
The frequency of this cleaning depends on manufacturers guidelines, the type of 'service' the gas engineer offers and the condition of the boiler.
The best thing to do in my opinion is to find a good local engineer and trust them to do what is needed.

There is a condense trap that should be cleaned out on every service, along with a system filter that is external to boiler (if you have one). Sometimes burners and combustion Chambers (part of primary heat exchanger) will be cleaned, sometimes every service, sometimes every few years, sometimes never.
The frequency of this cleaning depends on manufacturers guidelines, the type of 'service' the gas engineer offers and the condition of the boiler.
The best thing to do in my opinion is to find a good local engineer and trust them to do what is needed.
This is all great information.

really appreciate your help.

Yes after the warranty I always go local. same with my cars 😊

Reply to the next boiler service in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock