Search the forum,

Discuss The Green "Deal"? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

CES

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Just been over to the electricians forum and someone has posted a link about how the green deal looks set to fail.
Makes very interesting reading, personally I agree with what the guy says and it makes me even more convinced that pulling out of renewables in my case has been justified.
Carbon Commentary · The Green Deal: failure is almost guaranteed

That piece is very iffy, he got pulled up a lot over off grid houses. For me off grid is the winner with renewables, fitted ashp last week and running at 20kwh a day in december

Off grid maybe the only viable option, but its not enough in my area to justify paying REA and certification fees for such a limited market. Don't get me wrong, Ill still install them if a customer wants it, but I'm not convinced the green deal will be any deal at all for consumers or installers. This will, as someone has already said, make it an exclusive purchase of the rich.

Have they declared how ASHP stand with regards to the RHI yet Eaton? will they be included or are they still arguing?

Customer getting £850 for install and saving min of £500 a year on fuel. If his readings carry on way they have last week it will be quite a bit more. Also he's lovely and hot

Yeah but that's the RH premium payment which ends in March. What happens after march and oct when the RHI is supposed to kick in? Last thing I heard was that ASHP weren't included, just wondering if thats changed?

Not at the minute, my point is if installed correctly you won't need it, with savings of £500 plus a year I'll easily sell it over LPG and oil

Yeah thats true, and basically if you dont need the RHI to sell then you wont need MCS either. Just wish I was a bit more out in the sticks! lol

I think public are getting into msc like gas safe and corgi, get a lot of calls from the website

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to The Green "Deal"? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock