Search the forum,

Discuss 'That Guy' in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

joelguy1

Im a director of a company who is looking for "That Guy" Your probably thinking what does he mean "That Guy"!!
Well iv been looking at other companies in my area and they all seem to have that one guy who,

Brings them in all the biggest and best contracts.
Turned this company into the biggest in the area.
Made this company what it is today.

Im looking for some one who can come into my company or just give advice and help me build it into the best company it can be. I want someone who can say "well if you do this, this and this the this will be a lot better"
I hope this makes sense?
If there is any one out there that can help that will be brilliant. Please feel free to get in touch.

Its not the on the job work thats the problem its the in the office structuring and growth side.

Green Heating & Renewables | Boiler Repairs, Installation & Bathroom Fitters Reading, Berkshire

Many Thanks
Joel Guy

Not helpful I know but mispelling Basingstoke and Maidenhead so early in your webpage is careless.

Thank you very much for spotting these. I will get my web developer 2 change asap.

I stopped shortly afterwards so you might want to check it all.

I'm moving to oxford / Worcester area hopefully in next 5 months so save yourself heartache pack up, close business and let me tickle your belly.

reread you website, get your capitals and lowercase all the same on your first 2 lines and if your a team, you have experts. By the way Reading is in Berkshire, so by covering Berkshire you cover Reading, if you see where I'm coming from. If your trying to impress the wealthy your site needs to be perfect. If you have no hidden extras, why not tell the world your charges up front thedn you cant be accused of adding anything. For a company thats trying to grow, you seem to be trying to cover one heck of a large area, you may wish to grow area as the company grows and not start huge and cover badly as most companies seem to do that are trying to expand. Get your website perfect, its like a cv, people read it and get a first impression and then thats how they weed out who to drop and who to use. In my previous life, if I had to weed down 50 cv's to the 10 to interview, one mistake got you binned, thats how the public will be reviewing your website as well, being a bit harsh here but you would be in the bin! Have a reread and get it right old son. One more thing, if you swant customers from on lone, dont ask them to accept your cookies to enable you to do spamming etc, it doesnt look good and you arent going to win them over by doing that.

I have a mate who is a gas consultant and mentioned your post to him, he gave me a list for you (nice chat for a couple of hours about pitfalls of growng business's).

Joomla website - good choice, poor description and keywords. You are on page 3 and 28th on the list for 'Reading heating.' You are astonishingly not in the first 10 pages (100 choices) for 'Reading Gas Repair Engineer!' He also said you have a very small site map considering the amount of towns you want to advertise in; most designers duplicate content as Google doesn't penalise this he said.

He deliberately did some test sites that were poor but would come out on page one of the top 8 towns in a given area, type in 'Petersfield gas repair engineer' or 'Portsmouth gas repair engineer' and Gasmark2 is there and it doesn't have any directory links, work, polish, isn't a real company or contact numbers! Without all the tricks and false backlinks it's still up there, is a new site and is in a city full of plumbers and heating companies.

You didn't say the size of your business so grow from what to what as the advice or 'Roadmap' would be different and he said you'd have to be clear what sort of work you really want as unless you have a large workforce they would ALL have to be expert across the board (not easy to achieve).

Your business is registered in Wales but your work is up the other end of the M4 so have you been there a while or just starting? Or, do you do both with lts of mileage/downtime killing your bottom line (is all this factored into your hourly rate to ensure correct margins?).

Is it council contracts (risky) that you want to tender for (there is a source for this), they are very risky and you would certainly want decent advice as it's easy to lose your shirt. There are many companys in that area tendering at a loss searching for the boiler changes etc that aren't there. Also Pre-Heat, Aquacare, Saxons, Clenmay and Liberty Gas have all been posting this work and some of them are no longer for various reasons and they have been in it for a few years.

You say the field operatives are fine, what are your measures to prove this to companys' and do you have an office system that is scalable if you do get bigger?

You'd be better off getting someone to look at your business for a few days if your serious and write a hit list of short, medium and long term changes against your ambitions and see if you are still up for the ride.

You're in a lucrative market but still have some stiff competition including CHS who have lots of the social housing tied up.

Anyway, the others will be bored so I leave it here for now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to 'That Guy' in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock