Search the forum,

Discuss Test installation volume HELP For ACS in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

spanner

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
icon1.png
Gas test installation volume HELP

Hi to all. Need a refreshing equation help for working out the volume of pipework VP and VF and VM as I've tried to get it but I'm getting the wrong results
Let's say you have 3m of 22mm copper pipe the given volume per meter is 0.00032
3x32=96
Then decide by 10
96÷10=9.6
Add fittings volume
9.6x2=19.2
Meter size and type let's say G4/U6 0.008
Add meter volume and pipe volume together
NOW WOT IM LOST NEED HELP HELLLLLLP....:veryangry2:​

Have you tried the Gas Fitters Only pub (sorry, Forum)? I think they'll be able to give you an answer pronto.

Thanks for the fast response there tamz.. But Aren't you supposed to devide the fittings and. Pipework volume by 10.. Just the end summary is meant to be equal to or less than. 0.035m3 if over the tightness test can't be carried out...
Sorry about the confusion and being so close to the Christmas.. But I must get it in there b4 2014...:stupid:

Ask your acs tutors to go over it in detail if you are struggling to get your head around it.

Do you ever remember doing the installation test volume.. All is going great until installation and purge volumes AARRGH.. Ouch

Thanks for the fast response there tamz.. But Aren't you supposed to devide the fittings and. Pipework volume by 10.. Just the end summary is meant to be equal to or less than. 0.035m3 if over the tightness test can't be carried out...
Sorry about the confusion and being so close to the Christmas.. But I must get it in there b4 2014...:stupid:

Don't question what uncle tam tells you, if he says it you do it haha
PS if you want the PV then use tams calculation and multiply by 1.5

Spanner,, get yourself in the plumbers arms and we can discuss this abit more freely :)

That's 1.5. For purging volume at.0.02m3 I'm still trying on about the test installation volume HELP HELLLLLLP MEEEE..

Now how on earth am I gonna get to the plumbers arms.. Will I need a satnav... And I don't wanna get lost

What books u got? Treloar or a viper book explains it very well. May be able to scan it in for u

Yeah I'm reading RD Treloars Blackwell publishing Third edition..

ep got fb.. What's that the royal George on your fb.. Lol. Only joking. Thanks for the help pal its much appreciated. But just these 0.000 and 0.00 and 0.00000.
This kind I need a set of weighing scales :nopity::nopity::nopity::nopity:

You cant count apples with bananas.
Keep your points in the right place and it is simple.
The ivp (installation volume of the pipe) of 1m of 22mm pipe is 0.00032m³. If you have say 15m of 22mm pipe the ivp is 15 x 0.00032 =(reaches for the calculator) 0.0048m³
You then need to allow and add on 10% of the ivp for fittings (ivf). How you count 10% is up to you.
Easiest way is to move the point of the answer to your ivp one place to the left but you can divide the ivp by 10 or multiply by 1.1 or times it by 10 then divide by 100. They all come to the same answer 0.00048.
Add that number to your ivp and you have 0.00048 + 0.0048 = 0.00528.
You then add the ivm (installation volume of the meter) onto that lot, which for a u6 is 0.008
So 0.00528 + 0.008 = 0.01328m³.
This number is your total installation volume.

To get your purge volume you multiply the installation volume (0.01328m³) by 1.5so the purge volume is 0.01328 x 1.5 = 0.01992 (0.02m³) which should be purged to ignition ie at a cooker.

Oh thanks for making it so easy... Now that I'm going out for miles.. By the time I have returned from doings there won't Be any more zeros left.. Loll. Thanks

You need the zeros and the point in the right place. Get that right and it is easy.

Oh thanks for making it so easy... Now that I'm going out for miles.. By the time I have returned from doings there won't Be any more zeros left.. Loll. Thanks
Excellent rate excellence.. Bet you must be a secret tutor..
Thanks again and again gain..:8:

You're just syo fecking smart tamz... believe me since you have given me the resolution I have just got to terms with it..lollll love you hahaa..
Promise I'll buy you a pint in the plumbers arms.

You're just syo fecking smart tamz... believe me since you have given me the resolution I have just got to terms with it..lollll love you hahaa..
Promise I'll buy you a pint in the plumbers arms.
I think that's a young Londoners way of saying thank you very much Tamz for all your help!!!!!

It is it is... yes it is Chris. Hahaaa lovitlvitlllvit..

Yes Chris the help was magnificent of Tamz there as you gather I'm doing a gas safe course and I'm really hoping to be it done in a year of 2014..
Do Chris if you have any boiler issues I'm holding to be the main Man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Test installation volume HELP For ACS in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock