Currently reading:
Termination into boundary .

Discuss Termination into boundary . in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

stani

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
I've just been to look at a new property for our clients, our existing boiler an old Worcester combi, terminates right onto the boundary between next door, when the appliance was installed next doors wall were 3 metres away, however they have had an extension built, which now drops the boundary space to exactly 1 metre.
my cause for concern is the fact they have put a new back door directly opposite our terminal, it is now 1 metre from the terminal, surely building control should have highlighted this to the neighbours prior to building, I am trying to find any legislation to help. TB 016 seems to be they only document unless any body can help!

the building work is still ongoing.

Spoke to a pal of mine today who's an architect, told him the situation and he says it could end up messy and probably costly for someone.

In 1996 The Party Wall Act was introduced exactly for the reason this has happened, it is supposed to eradicate the need for post build hassle, because under the terms of the act the architect, building control etc should send a letter to the neighbouring properties with adjoining boundaries asking if there will be any issues regarding building up to or on the boundary. This letter should be signed and agreed by all parties. My mate said today that if your customer has just bought this house with the dodgy flue then

A. The Solicitor should have paperwork, searches etc and this would show up.

B. The Surveyor for mortgage should've highlighted before the sale was agreed.

C. The former owner should've notified, and told their solicitor of any Party Wall Agreement.

If this is a new customer of yours with an existing boiler, and this build has just been completed then he says the ball is firmly with the Architect and Building Control Officer, The agreement to Party Wall act is standard procedure and should be followed as a matter of course since 1996.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Termination into boundary . in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock