Search the forum,

Discuss Temporary Radiator removal on UFH circuit in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Just about to remove a rad for plaster, but it’s on a UFH manifold.

Having not removed one on a UFH manifold before, wanted to check the process with minds more in the know.
Is the following about right?

• Close off rad circuit actuator/pin with decorating cap, to stop flow.
• Remove rad in normal way

Reattaching rad
• Close off all UFH circuits
• Reattach radiator
• Attach hose and refill rad circuit, removing all air through manifold drain off.
• Detach hose and open all circuits
• attach pressure tester (need to find a wet pressure tester.. been scouring eBay)
• Re-pressure manifold to original bar

That the general gist?
Manifold has AAV on both flow and return.

thanks in advance

Cant you just isolate the radiator valves, drain what little volume of water is in the rad and do it that way rather than having to refill whole system and having airlock issues?

Cant you just isolate the radiator valves, drain what little volume of water is in the rad and do it that way rather than having to refill whole system and having airlock issues?
I can. I don’t need to drain the whole system (as far as my understanding goes) I will just need to refill the radiator under-floor heating circuit, and will need to re-pressurise the system.
Having not done it before, I just wanted to check so I am 100% what will happen after my reattach the radiator

Reply to Temporary Radiator removal on UFH circuit in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Do people with this type of mixed flow temperature control have any problems with achieving the required manifold flow temperature? The one below I think is similar to the TIO Mixing unit. In the unit below, the hot (boiler) water enters from the bottom left, red arrow, up through the "mixing...
Replies
Views
Hi, we had UFH installed dowstairs in our house recently, and I'm not 100% sure that it's connected correctly. I'd be grateful if someone could have a look at the diagrams and tell me if what the plumber did makes sense. The house is heated with an A2W Samsung/Joule heatpump. The buffer...
Replies
Views
The system is open vented with a Glowworm boiler. It has an LCD controller on the wall - see pic. I just want to remove one radiator for cleaning and decorating the room. I will put it back the same day. If I switch the hot water and central heating off on the LCD controller several hours...
Replies
Views
Hi Everyone I wasn’t sure whether to post this in here or UFH but hopefully I’m posting this in the correct group. I’m in the throes of a full renovation and am currently designing the central heating system, I’m installing radiators (11 or 12 in total) and am going to run each rad from its...
Replies
Views
Hi all. I noticed this winter my living room rad only get hot in the top half. Radiator is 1600mm(DP SC) double panel single convector. System was flushed just last year. Both flow and return values are fully open and don't stick. Boiler is serviced each year. Baxi combi boiler about 8 ton9...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock