Search the forum,

Discuss Temporary plumbing solution for washing machine during building works in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Phil P

Hi all,

I'm new to the group and am looking for some advice on a 'botch it' type solution I need for temporarily moving a washing machine during some home improvement works.

We're having two weeks work done in the utility room and need to re home the washing machine into the conservatory. I've got a temporary drain solution planned (outlet into a big bucket and pour away!) but fear I may need to 'lash something together' for the cold water inlet. My intention is to use the outside garden tap for the cold water supply but it's around 6/7 metres away from where I'll plonk the washing machine.

my initial thoughts involved garden hose, inlet hose, knife and full roll of duck tape but I'm sure you sensible people may have a more robust solution!

Any ideas gratefully received.

Thanks
Phil

What you intend to do is fine - except for.

I wouldn't use standard garden hose for the connection to the washing machine, just incase it blows off when the solenoid valve in the washing machine slams shut.

I would get some plastic plumbing pipe, rated for water supply, for that section.
I would also put a isolation valve near the washing machine.

The rest of the 'Botch it' installation should be fine - even if you let the waste water drain off into the garden.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Temporary plumbing solution for washing machine during building works in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock