Search the forum,

Discuss Temporarily Remove Bath in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi,

I need to temporarily remove my bathtub in order to fix a damp wall. Water was going behind the bath due to some dodgy tiles, as a result it has rotted the wall behind it.

My question is, once I have disconnected the water supply, do I need to temporarily cap the pips whilst I do the repair work to the walls?

Just to make things more complicated, the bath is connected to a Sani-flo unit, I'm presuming I just disconnect this as normal?

Any advice is much appreciated.

Thanks

Harry

Reply to Temporarily Remove Bath in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Help please. I need to remove some black silicone from around bath and tiled area. Does anyone have a trusted method, tools and product that works as recommendations?
Replies
Views
I need to remove a radiator to take tiles off behind it & then re-board, plaster & paint the wall. It has a drain valve, would it be ok to empty the radiator through that? The radiator will be taken off for about a week so after taking it off would it be ok to cap the thermostatic valve & still...
Replies
Views
I have a dripping bath tap. Seperate to the spout. Quarter turn level tap from the wall. I need to change the cartridge as it’s dripping lots but can’t seem to work out how to remove the housing. Has this been installed badly behind the tiles?
Replies
Views
Size of bathroom 230cm x 210cm Height 230cm Birmingham Area Initial problem Burst pipe underground in bathroom, concrete. Have had this dug up & made safe for now, have had affected pipe cut & put end caps on. Work required Full bathroom remove old tiles walls and floor. Renew tiling. New...
Replies
Views
Afternoon, our bath waste pipe in our rented property has started leaking slightly when we shower. We've narrowed it down to a loose screw in the centre of the plughole. My understanding is that this screw being loose means that water is able to leak out between the bath waste and the waste...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock