Search the forum,

Discuss Telford Tempest cylinders in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

gmartine

Esteemed
Gas Engineer
Anybody have anything good to say about them? Client wants to use one as he says "someone recommended them". Spec looks ok with lifetime warranty but a few on trust pilot say they don't honour it so who really knows.

Don’t go pre plumbed port valves are rubbish other than that had no issues other than a few expansion vessels go bad after 5-6 years

Anybody have anything good to say about them? Client wants to use one as he says "someone recommended them". Spec looks ok with lifetime warranty but a few on trust pilot say they don't honour it so who really knows.

Ive been looking into them too and seeing the same mixed reviews. I like the fatter shorter sizing and reheat times though.

They will replace if they've been fitted correctly, Benchmark filled in and Serviced every year. Like all other Manufactures. They replaced a 3 year old leaking one within a week but wouldn't cover the labour cost to replace.

They will replace if they've been fitted correctly, Benchmark filled in and Serviced every year. Like all other Manufactures. They replaced a 3 year old leaking one within a week but wouldn't cover the labour cost to replace.

thats a bit bad should be like for like swap under warranty

thats a bit bad should be like for like swap under warranty
I know, I tried to argue it and the customer did. Their excuse was it was warranty on the shell only so they wouldn't contribute towards the labour.

Worst bit was it should have been a straight swap but the connections were 50mm different on a couple so had to alter some pipework too!

I know, I tried to argue it and the customer did. Their excuse was it was warranty on the shell only so they wouldn't contribute towards the labour.

Worst bit was it should have been a straight swap but the connections were 50mm different on a couple so had to alter some pipework too!

thats naughty bet it was the last nail in the coffin that day

And three years isn't that old either. A bit soon to be leaking.

tbh these days i find there are more manufacturing defects around the thing that matters is how the company deals with it

And three years isn't that old either. A bit soon to be leaking.
Yep as Shaun says too.

I’ve had a MegaFlo leaking at 4 year old. So doesn’t just affect the budget brands.
[automerge]1600984099[/automerge]
So that's a negative for Telford then. Same kind of (admittedly limited) negative reviews I read online regarding customer service.
To be fair to them they replaced mine. But yeah they aren’t the easiest to deal with. Although MegaFlo charge £270 to come out and inspect before any warranty claim I believe. Where Telford just sent a new cylinder out and collected the old one for pressure testing.

Reply to Telford Tempest cylinders in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock