Search the forum,

Discuss Telescopic ladders in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Bunker

Decided I need a set as my steps are just to clumsy in the wagon. Anyone recommend any? I found a good offer on 3.3m Telesteps ones at £150. Any recommendations?
Cheers

I've used them in the past and find them too bendy to feel comfortable using, though some of my mates love them. So I'd give them a go before spending any cash.

Thanks Roger, I have used them a few times and have a ally decent set designed for lot ladders for my loft, so happy with use, just a lot of price options out there. Cheers

I've got the ones from screwfix. Wouldn't be without them. Mine are 3.9m tall.

I've got a set too. They're brilliant. Although I am slightly heavier than most so limit myself to the jobs I do on them. Easy access to lofts or quick jobs are not a problem off them for me though.

I have never used a set, how do they stay open? is there a latch/catch for each rung?

Just found Midland Ladders (they are alway cheap) do the Youngmans 39m for £150 - ordered!
Tom, Im 18 stone so the cheaper ones worry me a little :)

I'm sure the telescopic ladders are fine, but I just have a picture of myself at the top of them and then next not.

I use mine a lot, there really handy and don't take up much room in the van!

they do have a catch for each rung and easy to put up but as said by sag watch out putting down, I only use mine for access to lofts and they save me having long steps on roofrack.

Decided I need a set as my steps are just to clumsy in the wagon. Anyone recommend any? I found a good offer on 3.3m Telesteps ones at £150. Any recommendations?
Cheers
gay and not safe,buy a roof rack,buy proper ladders

I wont use them they flex quite a lot and I just don't feel safe on them I bet I am about 15 stone and 6ft 2 heights don't bother me get me on the top of my ex sky triple 14 and I am fine but on the poxy things no way a decent ext ladder and a 5 tred and a 8 tred fiberglass step ladder + the old faithfull hop up

gay ladders, are they pink?

point taken, I only use proper ladders outside but telesteps ok for getting into loft in a clean house.

telescopic ladders are for estate agents and surveyors, nuff said:)

Just found Midland Ladders (they are alway cheap) do the Youngmans 39m for £150 - ordered!

I'd us cherry picker, tower or scaffolding going that high :D

Only a stone on me then!

For convenience they're great, but as said, not the best for long periods of working.

I'm about 18 1/2 stone and my telescopic ladders are fine. Great for getting into lofts and working on flues etc. outside. I used them this week to do the vertical flue on the bungalow I was working on. Mine are industrial rated at 150kg which is the same rating as both of my triples. Customers love them as I don't destroy the paintwork crashing my way through the property with a longer ladder. I wouldn't want to be standing on them all day but i wouldn't want to be standing on any ladder all day if I could help it.

I too have a pair from screw-fix 3.9m.

They don't flex much

They take up no room in the van

They are lightweight.

Bad points

They need constant cleaning to remain safe.

They bite!

Every trade wants to borrow them!

You still need an an extension ladder :) For access only of course. ;)

I have a roof rack, and a 30' set of Class A's but theyre not much good getting into a loft and the idea of dragging a rain wet set of steps off the roof into the custards house doesnt appeal.

Jeez there's a lot of fat lads on this forum!! How do you manage to get under floors?? Or do you fit all your pipes to the skirting cause you can't get under the floor??

Barlick is one of the few things I miss since moving south, I worked a RR back in 1999. good times!

I have had my telescopic ladders for 2 years now, very good! Can be a bit too flexible at full height, prefer real ladders for working off at heights.

The only important thing is to keep the rungs & steps clean! Wipe of all sand / cement, mud etc or the rungs all start jamming together after use.

ive used zarges, young mans and telesteps. I personally found telesteps to be the best. I have a set with the top stand offs and adjustable feet add ons. really are a life saver!!! the big feet on the adjustables really grip. tool stop stocks the extra bits :)

Update. I went for the £150 Youngmans 3.8m set. Absolutely amazing. Barely flex under my 18stone and rated at 150kg. For all of you who pooh pooh them, I strongly recommend you try a set. One if the best things I ever bought. (And yes. Still use rigids for working at height).

Photo for photos sake:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1373971290.675021.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Telescopic ladders in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, My current hot water system needs to be replaced. Anyone got any suggestions or can recommend any plumbers around Derrimut area that won't rip me off? An office guy recommended me to apply for government rebates and get it installed through timetosave.com.au. How reliable is this...
Replies
Views
Can anyone recommend a decent multi meter, preferably under a 100 pounds. It's for checking boiler components so I don't need a top spec one ....just easy to use and reliable. The fluke 115 looks good but its above my budget. My current socket and see one was great but it's developed a fault.
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two hole mixer but the cold water pressure is high mains fed and the hot is low pressure immersion tank fed. I've been trying to find info on what I...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
I have an ideal vogue max S18 boiler and I’m considering fitting auto balancing TRVs, my question relates to the boilers pump. I see a boiler pump menu for either 70% or 100%, so, is the pump set at either one of two fixed speed percentages or does the pump actually vary speed, (modulate)...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock