Search the forum,

Discuss Telescope fitting?? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure how to name the type of fitting I am seeking but telescope seems to me to fit the bill. What I am looking for is a compression fitting that enables the replacement of a section of copper pipe where there is no movement on the cut ends (i.e. the gap between the cut ends cannot be increased so that a straight coupler can be inserted). I seem to remember seeing a fitting years ago that can be shortened to fit between the cut ends then lengthened so that the joints can be made. Any ideas?

Many thanks for the prompt reply. I googled "slip coupler" and it seems that several suppliers do them. The ones I found look, outwardly, like conventional solder capillary couplers but I assume that there is a stop at only one end of the coupler whereas in a conventional coupler there are stops at both ends - is this correct? Is it possible to obtain compression fittings that do the same job?

normal couplers have a crimp or ring in the middle whereas the slip coupler doesent letting it slide right up the pipe. only seen them in end feed/solder

Capilliary Slip Connector, no stops.
Standard Connector, 1 stop in the middle.

Is this what you are looking for?

FMCO301CSC.jpg
Compression repair coupling, it doesn't shorten or lengthen like a telescope, but it solves the problem that it sounds like you have, provided you have room.

get a standard compression coupling and file the stop ring out of the middle, will take you a while but it does work , tried and tested ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Telescope fitting?? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, I'm considering fitting an isolator valve to 15mm feed to my toliet cistern. It would require cutting off an existing compression fitting for a flex hose, after which I'd only be left with maybe an inch and a half of pipe. I've never fitted a compression fitting before, can someone...
Replies
Views
A
Hi, I am replacing a leaking push fit flexi tap connector under the bath with a compression fitting flexi. The problem is that the old pipe seems to be slightly smaller than 22 mm compression fitting and when I tighten the compression nut the whole fitting is easily sliding off the pipe and...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am probably being unduly paranoid here but I noticed under our kitchen sink that there is some corrosion evident on a small section of copper pipe between compression fittings on the hot water feed. There are take offs for an outside hot and cold tap together with isolation valves and...
Replies
Views
[ASIDE: I did wonder if this was the best forum for this but figured as it was a boiler related issue that the gas engineers would be dealing with it as a matter of course. If I'm wrong can someone let me know and I'll shift it to a better place.] I have a condensing boiler installation...
Replies
Views
Yes, it me again. I have a leaking compression joint that is connected to plastic pipe. I have now read elsewhere that it is not a good idea to connect plastic into compression joints. It DID have an insert in the plastic pipe. I decided to use plastic JG speedfit pipe in the compression...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock