Search the forum,

Discuss Tap water living on a hill in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi everyone,

I have a query about the mains fed cold drinking tap water in the kitchen. I have high water pressure in my flat because I live on top of a hill and have pretty good water pressure throughout the flat although the cold water in each faucet has high water pressure more than the hot water taps.

My questions are:
Is water quality affected by living on a hill?
Is drinking water affected by high water pressure?
When my tap water sits in a glass for under an hour it tastes bitter and a bit metalic is this normal? should I run the tap for a few minutes before drinking as it is going up to a top floor flat?
Do I need a high pressure tap for the kitchen sink?

Any advice would be appreciated thanks.

My questions are:

Is water quality affected by living on a hill?
No.

Is drinking water affected by high water pressure?
No.

When my tap water sits in a glass for under an hour it tastes bitter and a bit metalic is this normal? should I run the tap for a few minutes before drinking as it is going up to a top floor flat?

As the water warms to room temp you might be able to better taste some of the trace metalic elements that can be found in some drinking water. If it's an issue you could use a filtration system, no harm in flushing the pipework for a 15 - 30 seconds especially if the tap hasn't been used.

Do I need a high pressure tap for the kitchen sink?
No, most modern taps should be able to deal with high pressure.

Reply to Tap water living on a hill in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I live in an apartment block where generally hot water is supplied from the communal hot water cylinder and cold water to bathrooms is supplied from cold water tanks in the loft. It is a vented system. However, in a basement flat and a ground floor flat cold water supply to bathrooms is...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Gas combi Boiler Mains fed in all taps and shower How do I balance the water pressure in all faucets in my flat. Every tap/water faucet is mains fed but the cold water is really strong in every tap that if I open the tap fully it flies out like a fountain but the hot water is not...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Is this set up correct: Attic stop valve turns off the cold water to my bathroom (I think it is the rising main in the attic which I and other residents in the building share as we have shared supply to bathrooms and kitchens) Under kitchen sink stop valve turns off cold water in...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I need to replace the kitchen tap, all my neighbours have two single taps in their kitchen and bathroom whereas I have a single lever tap in the bathroom and kitchen. Due to living in a flat and having a shared water supply I was advised to get a dual flow tap for the kitchen so...
Replies
Views
M
Hi, I woke up this morning with cold water (mains) from downstairs tap but no hot water from downstairs tap, and no water at all from all the upstairs taps, I have a combi boiler and no water storage
Replies
Views
Mike Young
M
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock