Search the forum,

Discuss Tap tails to 15mm copper in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Good morning gentlemen. Tomorrow I'm replacing the kitchen mixer tap with a new Chinese one (Cooke & Lewis Amsel) which has 300mm flexy tails with female ends. Because these are longer than the existing rigid tails, I'll be needing new connectors for the 15mm copper feeds which I'll be shortening.

The only problem is that I'm currently a bit crocked up so will have to send The Wife to the plumbers' merchants. She'll have a much easier time of it there if she can ask for the exact item I want - but what is it? The female connector on the tails fits an ordinary 15mm compression coupler in the sense that the threads are the same, but surely I want a flat face for the washer in the tail connector to sit on rather than the chamfered end of that?

So the question is, gents - what's the part I need?

‘ 1/2” male iron ‘ ( to 15mm compression). I image you’ll want the straight version. (They come in 90 degree too)

Plumbers merchant unlikely to be open on BH

Just send with the tap and tails with her and ask for the fittings to 15mm copper.

You may get on better if she fits it too!

Thank you gentlemen. Yep, I could swop the existing copper tails over but the way I look at it, most new cheapish kitchen mixers seem to come with flexy tails nowadays and the shortest seem to be 300mm. But the existing tails are only about 200mm long, so it makes sense to me to shorten the feed pipes accordingly while I'm at it. OK it's a bit of a faff now, but next time I want to change the tap it'll be a doddle. Hopefully ...

Reply to Tap tails to 15mm copper in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock