Search the forum,

Discuss Tap still dripping after valves have been replaced? in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi I have a dual lever bath tap / shower mixer and have replaced both ceramic type valves on each tap. Since then the tap continues to drip and was hoping to get some advice, thanks I’m advance

It's probably a seating problem. The machined surface of the tap casting underneath the cartridge must be in very good condition so that the silicone gasket at the bottom of the cartridge forms a water tight seal. Inspect and clean / polish / descale / regrind / replace tap body (depending on severity of problem).

It's probably a seating problem. The machined surface of the tap casting underneath the cartridge must be in very good condition so that the silicone gasket at the bottom of the cartridge forms a water tight seal. Inspect and clean / polish / descale / regrind / replace tap body (depending on severity of problem).
Thanks I’ll try this, wasn’t sure whether the seating could be a problem with it being the quater turn ceramic cartrdige (rather than the valves with a tap washer) thanks again

Tap reseating tool. Also when installing cartridges it's good practice to leave the tap open when you first turn the water back on. Allows any debris to flow through rather than potentially damaging the ceramic discs.

Are they the correct ones eg from the same manufacturer?

Reply to Tap still dripping after valves have been replaced? in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
IS IT POSSIBLE TO ADJUST THIS MIXER UNIT? WE HAVE TO HAVE IT TURNED ALMOST FULLY ANTI CLOCKWISE TO GET HOT WATEROUT. THE FRONT PLATE WITH MIRA ON IT PRISES OFF AND INSIDE THERE ARE SOME PLASTIC BITS AND A SMALL CROSS-HEAD SCREW IN THE MIDDLE. THANKS
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock