Search the forum,

Discuss Tap still dripping after replacing cartridge in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hello,

I changed the hot tap cartridge on my quarter turn tap about 1 year ago. I changed the discs and washer of the same hot tap cartridge in June of this year but it is still dripping.

Is there anything else I can try do stop it dripping?

Any help would be much appreciated
R0012899.JPG

did you check for debris issuing from the supplys, its always best to really get into
the threaded bits and where the disks locate. Some crud is harmless but because its
ferric from water mains miles away from your gaff but will prevent the tap interface from closing and also wear the disks so they leak anyway. centralheatking

Thanks for taking the time to reply.

I took the valve out and cleaned the discs. It is not leaking at the moment.

When I last replaced the disks I did not use silicone grease, Should I have? If so which type do I buy and where can I get it from?

It is still leaking, what else can I try?
Keep your eye on the middle of your local Aldi after Xmas they are awash with all sorts of practical stuff once the xmas stuff is gone. My daughter used to be a regional something with them and told when to look out for stuff. Its in the when its gone section really great quality low prices....seen super mixers there several times.
chking

Reply to Tap still dripping after replacing cartridge in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock