Search the forum,

Discuss Tap purchase advice advice sought in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi

I'm looking for advice in the hope that a kind & knowledgeable soul (or two) may be able to assist.

I'm looking to replace two basin mixer taps in my bathrooms - one is dripping constantly, and the other squeals whenever any hot water is delivered to another tap (kitchen or other bathroom) or shower via, the combi boiler. It would appear that both the cartridges are failing / have failed - both taps are approx 16 years old.

To over-complicate matters, I'm looking for fairly specific features.... Ideally single lever mixer taps with pop-up waste, and 10mm sized threads for screw-in tails (not fixed tails).

The reason for this specific ask is to negate the need to change the existing pop-up waste to a flip or press top design, and to use some very flexible 300mm long, 10mm thread tap connectors I've bought which I know will comfortably fit between the taps and inlet pipes (which is ~270mm).

The attached photo shows the existing plastic pipes exiting the wall horizontally, and I plan to remove all the vertical plastic pipe and attach a small length of copper pipe into the elbows, on to which I will attach the compression fitting which is on the end of the tails I have purchased.

Unfortunately I cannot seem to find any mixer taps that meet my requirements. B&Q seem to only sell mixer taps with 300mm or 400mm 'flexible' hoses with 8mm threads with tails / hoses that aren't really flexible at all. Wickes staff don't seem to know what pop-up waste is, and none of the taps in my local store appeared to even be sold with waste fittings so I guess press top or flip options only.

I did find suitable taps from taps.co.uk but they sent me the press-top waste version in error and then advised that they'd mistakenly been advertising a pop-up waste model that hadn't been manufactured for years. Technical specification sheets also seem to be very vague.

Budget ideally ~£100 per tap. Any suggestions welcomed. Apologies if anything is not clear.

Many thanks,

Pete.

Attachments

• IMG_7174.JPG
    IMG_7174.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 10
TBH any local plumbing merchants should have stock / be able to order you one in

Eg city plumbing etc

Hi

Thank you - I'll give that a try. A complete oversight on my part, and probably a faux pas in these forums. I'm based in Edinburgh if anyone has any recommendations.

Thanks again! :)

Reply to Tap purchase advice advice sought in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new brackets, dismantle that existing one and start again or I could try and re attach via those screws, removing the broken ones from the plate and wall...
Replies
Views
Copper pipes, I think its fair to say, is not what it used to be, the copper is getting thin while the cost is going up. Meanwhile, plastic Pushfit seems to be getting better and better, cost and convenience was always better, but now the quality is to, have we reached a stage where plastic will...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock