Search the forum,

Discuss Tap drips for about 2 minutes then stops in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

I have a mixer tap which drips for a couple of minutes after turning off then stops. Only happens with the hot.

It is a traditional type of cartridge with a tap washer. I have replaced the washer which looks like it had a small groove in it. However the new washer did make any difference.

Any thoughts?

If it drips and then stops this is just the water in the spout coming out. This will be due to the design of the tap. If it only does it in the hot I suspect that the spout is dual flow, ie hot/cold have separate channels/pipes within the spout.
It is fine, you won’t be able to stop it anyway!
Only other thing to do it clean any flow straightener that may be fitted to the end of the spout.

Reply to Tap drips for about 2 minutes then stops in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have a Bristan Manhattan mixer tap in the kitchen. Five years ago, it started to drip. I replaced the valve in the cold water side and the dripping stopped. Recently it began to drip again and I replaced the valve again. But, it still drips sometimes. I’m trying to replace the valve on the...
Replies
Views
I have a kitchen mixer tap with quarter turn levers and the cold side started dripping. I took out the ceramic valve and replaced it with one from Screwfix but it hasn’t solved the problem it still drips. Could it be a dodgy valve or is it something else? Thanks
Replies
Views
Hi. Can anyone help me get into this tap? I have them on the bathroom sink and bath and 2 out of 4 are dripping. I've have had two plumbers in to replace the washers and neither could get them open. The gold coloured ring under the top unscrews on two of them but won't budge on the ones that...
Replies
Views
Hello all, first time poster so if there is any additional information I can provide that may help, please let me know. Our kitchen mixer tap has been intermittently dripping from the hot tap, and the cold tap is squeaking when you turn it. Possibly two different issues, possibly related? The...
Replies
Views
i can't tell if my shower tap (cock stop) is leaking or not ...............so after showering, the shower head will drip fast for 2 hours, then drip slowly after that...........i put a bucket under the shower head to collect the water for 26 hours the first time.............then 19 hours the...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock