From the United States of America? - Checkout our specific plumbing forum for you:USA Plumbing Forum

Discuss Tap drips for about 2 minutes then stops in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Test4Less - PlumbersForums.net Sponsor
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members
I have a mixer tap which drips for a couple of minutes after turning off then stops. Only happens with the hot.

It is a traditional type of cartridge with a tap washer. I have replaced the washer which looks like it had a small groove in it. However the new washer did make any difference.

Any thoughts?

Ben-gee

Esteemed
Plumber
If it drips and then stops this is just the water in the spout coming out. This will be due to the design of the tap. If it only does it in the hot I suspect that the spout is dual flow, ie hot/cold have separate channels/pipes within the spout.
It is fine, you won’t be able to stop it anyway!
Only other thing to do it clean any flow straightener that may be fitted to the end of the spout.

Reply to Tap drips for about 2 minutes then stops in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net. Plumbing questions, answers, tips and tricks.

Bulk Workwear - Workmans Clothing and Protective Gear
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Plumbing and Plumbers

Plumbing Workwear

Shower Power Booster

Plumbase Spares - Plumbing Supplies and Spare Parts

Water Underfloor Heating

CORGI Direct for Plumbers

The Wetroom Store

Plumbase Spares