Search the forum,

Discuss Tap drips for about 2 minutes then stops in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

I have a mixer tap which drips for a couple of minutes after turning off then stops. Only happens with the hot.

It is a traditional type of cartridge with a tap washer. I have replaced the washer which looks like it had a small groove in it. However the new washer did make any difference.

Any thoughts?

If it drips and then stops this is just the water in the spout coming out. This will be due to the design of the tap. If it only does it in the hot I suspect that the spout is dual flow, ie hot/cold have separate channels/pipes within the spout.
It is fine, you won’t be able to stop it anyway!
Only other thing to do it clean any flow straightener that may be fitted to the end of the spout.

Reply to Tap drips for about 2 minutes then stops in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock