Search the forum,

Discuss Tap design pressure... in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi guys, happy new year to all.

Anyone able to explain to me the cons of fitting taps designed for high pressure on a gravity fed supply?

I'm currently doing my bathroom, but don't want taps designed for low pressure as I'm planning on having my cylinder swapped out in a few months and going mains pressure everywhere.

If I install high pressure designed taps (non thermostatic) am I right in assuming that they'll work fine for the time being as an interim measure?

Thanks!

They'll work but you could probably p faster. Depends on current height of header tank above the taps.

They'll work but you could probably p faster. Depends on current height of header tank above the taps.
Not a lot unfortunately, probably a couple of meters max above the level of the taps!

Pee flow is fine as a temporary measure, been staying at the mother in laws where the mains pressure is so bad that you have to start the bath 15 mins before you want it...

At least it will be a constant reminder to get the cylinder swapped out

Not sure how far away your mother is but might be worth testing your mains flow and pressure to ensure they’ll supply your house adequately with an unvented system.

Not sure how far away your mother is but might be worth testing your mains flow and pressure to ensure they’ll supply your house adequately with an unvented system.
We're all good for it here, really good mains pressure on a fairly new estate.

The in-laws place is a Victorian semi at the top of a hill, supplied by original lead pipes from the street, utterly hopeless!

We're all good for it here, really good mains pressure on a fairly new estate.

The in-laws place is a Victorian semi at the top of a hill, supplied by original lead pipes from the street, utterly hopeless!
Just wondering why a new estate would rely on loft tanks!

Reply to Tap design pressure... in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock