Search the forum,

Discuss Tankless vs TAnk Water Heater in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

R

Regina Tikhonova

I want to replace my tank water heater with a tankless one. I live alone. Is it really more energy efficient?

It depends which model of tank water heater you currently have, how it is insulated and controlled. You'll need to provide more details. Also, how big is your house and much hot water do you use from the tank?

Reply to Tankless vs TAnk Water Heater in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

'd like to replace this with a tankless water heater. We live in a condo and this currently power vents out to I believe the roof. We are on the 3rd floor of a 4 floor building. Can I replace this with a tankless water heater? Will there be enough combustible air around the unit? Can it...
Replies
Views
R
I just had installed a Navien NPE-2 with built in recirculator pump. I have a dedicated return line. The check valve for the recirc is built into the unit; a spring check valve was placed on the cold line (per the manual) after which there is an expansion tank (on the cold line) in a T junction...
Replies
Views
Rogelio
R
Hello, I have a tank Bradford White 50 gallon gas hot water heater for a 1700 sq ft home with 2 1/2 baths, HOWEVER, I am only one person living there. It was installed in March of 2015 so it is 8 years old. I believe life expectancy for a typical hot water heater is around 10 - 12 years so I...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have an unvented water heater which for some reason every year causes me issues. At the end of 2023 I noticed that the pressure valve gauge was going up when the water tank was switched on. My local plumber came and re-pressured the expansion vessel as it was flat, afterwards we tested...
Replies
Views
After some advice, i have recently had solar panels fitted and have an Eddi which uses the energy we generate to heat the cylinder using the immersion heater. Just wondering if there are any devices that can circulate the hot water in the cylinder so the immersion heater heats all the water...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock