Search the forum,

Discuss Taking acs test next week in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Just to let you all know the test is now out the way and thankfully got a pass :) lots of studying and worrying but it's finally behind me, now I've just got to look forward to my visit from gas safe which I have been told will be another lot of questions lol. So the worry is not over :( but thank you to everyone who showed an interest and wished me luck

Just to let you all know the test is now out the way and thankfully got a pass :) lots of studying and worrying but it's finally behind me, now I've just got to look forward to my visit from gas safe which I have been told will be another lot of questions lol. So the worry is not over :( but thank you to everyone who showed an interest and wished me luck
Well done, don't worry about the inspection, I haven't had one myself but from what I can gather, it's laid back and unless you fluked your way through your acs, you'll be fine. Don't forget to send your gas safe details to one of the mods to get you in the private gas safe forum.

Thanks for the reply Craig, hopefully I didn't fluke my way through but what's the point in being certified competent if you have to resit more with gas safe. Why don't they oversee the exams themselves, saves time and worry for people

The inspection is a more relaxed environment. Over a cuppa. You service an appliance he’ll talk paperwork and notifying, you can ask a couple of questions which they like and they will sometimes check the calibration cert on your FGA

You’re qualified but on probation. If they come out and find you not working well or need work then they will extend probation. It’s not to catch you out, they are there to help you

No you can work from when you receive confirmation from GS of your registration being set up. BUT you are on probation. Concentrate on getting your admin right and filed if you do physical paperwork make sure you have continuity leads, in date FGA, labels, LDF etc

Reply to Taking acs test next week in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Just an update to anyone who was following the thread on this site: Tify to gas engineer, what will it take? I got a DM from a user asking for an update, he like myself was gobsmaked at the level of abuse I got from asking a basic question. Thanks Tom for the DM, I managed to pass in 2019...
Replies
Views
Hello, and thanks for taking the time to read. I'm trying to work out if the idea I have is practical? The water pressure in my newly renovated house (4 bathrooms is tragic). Current set up is: A hot/cold mixer in the main ensuite which is ok as long as you don't run anything else. One electric...
Replies
Views
J
    • Love
During Covid I had to undertake a phone consultation to pass my Gas Safe Inspection. I failed dismally even though I have over 35 years experience! I am extremely knowledgeable in my industry, but when the pressure of having to answer rapid fire questions over the phone, and with an expectation...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Hi All, My first visit here in quite a while and it's in part to share the news that I have finally gone over to the dark side! Although my 30 year old Baxi back boiler was still going strong, I've finally succumbed to pressure from Mrs RWD and had a Combi installed. The Heating Engineer that...
Replies
Views
Hi Everyone, For those who like a long read but I could rally do with some advice. Might be a bit long this. For background. A gardener/landscaping friend of mine is going to install an irrigation system in a customer's garden. He asked me to pop around and measure the pressures and flowrates...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock