Search the forum,

Discuss Taking acs test next week in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

First post after reading many on this forum.
I'm just about to take my acs at the end of Feb, I'm pretty confident on my practical side as I have been out with my engineer on many jobs.
I'm wondering if anyone has access to any mock papers for my theory side, I read in a post to ask kirkgas but it appears he hasn't been active for a while.
It would be a greatly appreciated if anyone can help.
Thanks for your time And wish me luck

Thanks for your reply Riley.
Yes everyone keeps telling me not to worry I should fly through it but it doesn't stop the nerves lol.
I currently have the viper book (old version) and going through all my course work from college but I want to be prepared as much as possible.
Thanks again

You will have to fec-up massively to fail mate .
I had a right **** on my first and I seriously could have decked him and walked , since then ( different center ) the guys have been superb .
Read and understand the question before you answer ( I dont )
Good luck .

They aren’t trying to catch you and 9/10 if it says all of the above then it’s all of the above. Have your purge calcs, volume calcs, vent calcs, gas rate calcs and sizing calcs highlighted

I remember my acs exam which had a lot of regulations rather than flues or pipework calculations. I definitely would mark up the book as mentioned above and definitely go through the regs as this will be definitely be asked like **** 26.9 etc

Thanks for the replies guys, you have all been very helpful.
Just don't want to end up wasting my money by failing on something stupid.
As I don't know what will be covered I'm trying to remember as much as possible.
My engineer doesn't think I will have a problem and yes I know it's open book but I rely on app calculators in real world and have been told I won't be allowed to use them so I need to get back to basics and try cram as much in as poss lol

Yes my engineer only does houses aswell, thanks for bringing up u ducts and se ducts Just when I'm feeling confident there's another spanner in the works to study up on lol

It's been a while since I got my qualification as I didn't have the money to sit my acs at the time, as said I'm pretty confident on the practical side, I just don't want to let myself down in theory

To be honest the practical is where they’ll try and catch you out. Remember LDF, Jump leads etc plus if doing a TT with a cooker with a lid make sure it’s open

I found when did the practical test at end of the MLP that its really easy to get tunnel vision and miss the easy/obvious bits like LDF & cooker lid. Try and consciously slow myself down rather than jumping in slightly panicked which is where I make those easy mistakes.

Good luck @brummygas doing mine next month hopefully (waiting for test centre to give me a date atm) and already getting a bit nervous even though I know it should be fine.

Good luck and as others have said, don't worry, take your time, read the question properly and you'll be fine. Doesn't matter if you get any wrong, you get a second and third chance if needed.

Thanks Craig, I can't help but worry lol, I've put a lot of effort into my business so I can hit the ground running if and when I pass.
Everyone on here has been a great help so far, yourself included.
I'm really glad I posted this, it shows that there is plenty of support out there and I'm very grateful.

As mentioned above, the assessors are not trying to fail you. Just take it slow and think everything through and if your not sure, check your book (especially, before answering verbal questions etc) as this will set the tone. Also, make a mental checklist of things to do;
  • Make sure cooker lid is up (lift it the second you get assigned to a bay)
  • ECV is shut before leaving your area/bay
  • Consumables are in date
  • Right consumables for GAS (PTFE etc)
  • Analyser is in calibration
  • Purge analyser in fresh air
Hope this help and best of luck.

Lol thanks for checking up on me, I thought I was a distant memory to you all and it's training day today then tests start tomorrow. Again thanks to you all for your effort and wish me luck in the matrix

Yes as said good luck. When you’ve passed and have your number and card come back and join us proper. This site is a brilliant source of knowledge and if you’re GS we can get you into the gas safe section. To discuss repairs and other such matters

Reply to Taking acs test next week in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock