Search the forum,

Discuss System pumping over into F&E in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

I'm trying to make sense of a system I've came across. One part that's caught my attention is the position of the pump.

The system is pumping over when the stove is lit. As you can see the pump is directed toward a tee heading towards a 28mm elbow which I believe is the stoves return. The branch comes from the coil, which comes from the stoves gravity flow. The vent is teed off at the top of the coil.

I don't see how the pump wasn't always forcing water through the vent as it only has to overcome the gravity circuit.

I'm trying to make sense of a system I've came across. One part that's caught my attention is the position of the pump.

The system is pumping over when the stove is lit. As you can see the pump is directed toward a tee heading towards a 28mm elbow which I believe is the stoves return. The branch comes from the coil, which comes from the stoves gravity flow. The vent is teed off at the top of the coil.

I don't see how the pump wasn't always forcing water through the vent as it only has the gravity circuit to overcome.

Any ideas?

Attachments

• 20221220_194505.jpg
    20221220_194505.jpg
    391 KB · Views: 8
  • 20221219_190507.jpg
    20221219_190507.jpg
    338.3 KB · Views: 9

Reply to System pumping over into F&E in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock