Search the forum,

Discuss System pressure circulation issues in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you have a weak circulation pump inside a combination boiler, will this cause the pressure of the system to rise? Eventually making the system over pressurise . The radiators get hot but it is only a small circuit with very small radiators so even with the boiler thermostat turned right down all radiators in the property get hot really quickly.

No

If the pressure is rising significantly on a hot system then it is probable that there is insufficient ( or failed) provision for expansion in the system

Brambles, please familiarise yourself with the forum role as the information you provided could potentially be deemed pertaining to the DIY repair of the boiler

Brambles, please familiarise yourself with the forum role as the information you provided could potentially be deemed pertaining to the DIY repair of the boiler
It’s a halstead combi boiler with a extra external expansion vessel that’s been fitted on the return side of the heating Circuit. The pump is internal and has a weak pump. If the pressure was set to one bar it rises reasonably quickly to 2 bar I’ve been told it was a new expansion vessel recently fitted.

Does it continue to rise or plateau?? Pressure will rise when heated. Anything else you are guessing. Weak pump is inside boiler so needs a GSR engineer

Worth having a good look at the system, outside the boiler casing, to understand why an external expansion vessel has been fitted.

Right as has been said. Pump inside boiler. You are now in the realms of needing a GSR so please respect the forum rules and dabble no further.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to System pressure circulation issues in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Good afternoon, I am experiencing a pressure issue with my heating system and was hoping to receive additional insight as to what the problem could be. We have a biomass boiler and stratification tank set up and recently had an issue with boiler pressure dropping off when the system was cold...
Replies
Views
Oil boiler (now~15 years old) unvented system with 17 radiators. We moved in 5 years ago and I had to keep bleeding the same radiator. The bleed gas could be burned with a blue flame and the water was acidic (pH 5.5). Since then system has been chemically flushed (it was not too bad) and the...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Just a quick question. I have a log burner and a gas boiler on a dual fuel system (Central heating and Hot Water) either can do both. The hot water tank I believe is a closed system but is on the same level as the bath. Therefore as you might guess the water pressure at the bath even on...
Replies
Views
Can central heating / gas engineer expert help me with below issue. During winter time only, I have been having issue with low pressure or pressure dropping with unvented hot water cylinder system. During summer time there is no usage of central heating so the pressure at unvented system is not...
Replies
Views
When I turn on our CH there's a lot of noise from one specific part of the system - the pipes on the landing, and one radiator. It sounds like air, and the landing radiator needs bleeding regularly (about once a month), even though it isn't the highest point in the system. The two upright rads...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock